Chapitre 8 (part 1): I won't mind

Jessica POV

Where am I?

Why is this room so dark that I can't see anything?

No sound can be heard either, apart from my own thoughts. It just feels like, I lost contact with all rationality.

Why am I here all alone? Where are they? Mom, dad, Jay where are you?

"Calm down human!"

" Zaphira!! I am so happy to hear your voice but where are we?"

"I immersed you in a coma due to the severity of your injuries."

"You mean my leg, was it that bad?"

"Yes it really was, you wouldn't even want to see"

"Oh our poor self... Then what about the rogue that was chasing us?"

"He got shot"

"By whom?"

"How would I know? Darkness started to take over me."

"So ho-"

"Let's just go back, and all your questions will be answered"

Guess I am back to reality, I was starting to feel my sore earthly body. I didn't know one could struggle this much to open their eyes.

Getting my sight back was complicated by who would you take me for.

After completing my first task, now I had to find out where I was because this place was more than unfamiliar.

All my muscles were aching from who knows why. I tried to get up ignoring the pain as I scanned the room I was actually in. It was quite plain: white walls, high ceiling and marble floor. Seems quite expansive but really simple; only the desk was quite messy with tonnes of books on it. I tried to get up a little bit more but my hand was tied down with another.

Who the hell was she? She was holding my hand gently as if I was her long lost kid seriously. Her grip was unbreakable. I gave up my freedom as she was not planning to let me leave anytime soon and I was too weak to fight back anyway.

My life was so boring right now. I had nothing to do apart from studying the other human in the room.

Moon goddess! How could you be so unfair with your children. She was way too gorgeous.
If someone dared to think that brown was plain, her waist lengthed hair would make you reconsider it. It wasn't even messed up as she was taking a nap.
God was really unfair, her hair and now her face. No imperfection could be seen on iher face. Her features were quite feminine and well defined. As if she was drawn and with utmost care. Her light complexion was perfectly chosen for the painting to bring out her long, thick and dark eyelashes.
Simply said, she was devine.
She was sat and her head was placed on the bed I was on, we could tell that she was tall and athletic.

However, she was human and it makes her really less attractive; what a waste.

...

I didn't know how I ended up here but I needed to get out of here. I, then, made a sudden move making my whole body cry in pain but it also kind of woke up that person. She started opening her eyes and I was met with the most unique ones I've ever seen. It was like looking into a cup of ginger tea, a really light brown but one of her eyes was decorated by golden specks. She th-

"Hey little girl, finally awake?"

She caught me off guard right there and-

"She called us little girl I am going to rip her head off-"

"I know Zaphira and I won't let it pass"

"How dare you call me little girl? Do you even know I am? I am-"

I began to rant but Zaphira cut me off.

"She is human, you idiot"

"So what should I call you, maybe... baby girl"

She was making fun of me not caring about my words, moreover with a wide grin.

"What the hell! What I am old enough-"

And then, she started bursting into a laugh.

"Wouah, your reaction is gold! I won't ever get tired of teasing you"

Who the hell was she? She reminds me of my family: always laughing, teasing me and I guess she took care of me too.

"I won't mind"

Between her laughs, she managed to let out a:

"What?"

"You, calling me baby girl"

I was serain with her. I didn't thought I could be outside our pack.