Chapter 31: A dance or chase?

So sorry completely forgot to update Saturday!
But here it is!

...

Serah POV

Two week went by since the rogues trepassed and attacked. None of them survived, thanks to the pack's method. I wasn't really okay with it but I could understand, the safety of your people came first no mattter what. Protect the wives and children, if something happened to Gab or Josh I didn't know what I'll do. I still didn't know what really happened that day-

"Girls careful!"

I turned around, alert, hearing a guy shouting. But too late, two little girls, wearing similar clothing,  bumped into me making me fall.

"Anna! Lea!"

Before realising what was happening, the guy who was previously shouting, took the girls in his arms making sure they were alright.

The scene was adorable if we overlooked his worried face and the fact that I was still on the soil. The girls, that I assumed were twins, giggled at their antics. If they weren't charming I would have scolded them.

I got up and finnaly the dark haired person noticed me. His eyes reflected surprise but mostly the sky.

"Luna, please excuse their indulgeances."

The guy I still didn't know the name of, tried to make the girls behave but it didn't quite work. He murmured something in their ear making their behavior make a 360 degree turn. The mumchkins looked guilty and faced me.

"Sorry Luna."

They chorused losing their joyfulness. They didn't wait for me to answer that they scurried off, leaving me with this male.

"It's okay you know, your daughters were so cute."

My response generated a funny face from the guy.

"No, no they're my sisters luna!!"

His embarrassed face was a delightful sight that it made me chuckle.

"How could I have known? Anyway, stop with "luna"; my name is Serah and-."

I tried to joke this out so he wouldn't turn red but it didn't quite work.

"Lucas, Serah I guess."

The silence between us was quite comfortable and a little bit amusing. The blue of his eyes were similar to his sisters not for the color but for the innocence they cast back. After this episode he decided to end our little exchange.

"I have to prepare the hall for the ball so..."

This was a brief meeting, I let him go honorably and made my way to the pack living room.

It was really big, the room was spacious and the light made its way inside with no problem. I'm grateful they put a bay window right behind to have access to the garden, it was such a lovely view. The sofas were against the wall to not lose any space. There also was a long table, if there wasn't any place in the kitchen some would come here even though it was prohibited to eat there.

"What happened?"

My feet left the ground as Jess words echoed in my hears.

"WTF Jess, human doesn't mean deaf!"

This girl continued to speak, wait correction, shout for me to hear her. At least if she didn't surprise me by behind I could have accepted it.

"So what happened? You seem to be in a good mood."

My words went through one hear and left by the other one. She sure I'm the one with auditif deficiency? Anyway she jumped on the sofa not caring about anything.