Chapter 35: Crush

Serah POV

How did I even accept to be here?

"It's gonna be fun!"

On the other side, Jess seemed really thrilled by this game.

"If you say so, but I really don't like the crowd and the sound of their chatter."

We were outside at the entrance of the forest waiting for the hunting to start.
Imagine, unmated female from all over the state, gathered in this small piece of land.

"Come on, make my brother work for it. You deserve to give him a hard time!"

Her wicked expression was contagious, for the whole turmoil he created in my brain, he will have to pay for it.
The game sounded funnier this way.

Out of sudden, the mike started resonating through the speakers placed outside.

"Ladies and...-"

Garett was explaining how the chase would go and I had to remind myself to apologize for not listening. For my defense, how could I? When all I could hear was giggles from these girls.

And here I hear.

"Good luck!"

My baby girl was already in position and actually, all I could see, was she-wolf in gown ready to sprint into the forest.

"3, 2, 1..."

Wait!? What should I do? Where do I even start?
I was trying to find inspiration making a 360-degree turn but nada.

"Go!!"

Garett wasn't even finished that all I saw, was hundreds of wolf shifting to the forest and I was the only still standing.
And I can promise you that you didn't need to have supernatural powers to
hear the audience making fun of you.

I didn't want to make myself more ridiculous so I let the heels in the mud and raced into that greeny area.

...

I was already far enough for the males to not see me so I stopped here.

We had to realize the obvious, I didn't stand a chance against an alpha in chase. True. However, if I played it smart I could make his life less easier, and here, were my rotten ideas.

First, I took off my bra and panty. The plan was to hide them in imperceptible spots to get him distracted by my scent.
Second, I had to hide my natural odor with some flowers, like some nauseating flowers.

...

Done, everything was in place and here they were my flowers.
I wasn't really far from the entry of the forest but I had no other choice, I was running out of time.
I climbed this young three and I didn't think that I'll die by the smell of the flowers but more by he eventual fall. The fragile three could be breaking anytime from now on.
All I had to do was to take few branches with me but they were quite high.
I finally reached the top and at that moment, I heard the pistol signaling the guys to find us.

Shoot!!

Alright, plan B, I will stay here hoping that the smell of the flowers will hide my smell but I still took a few buds to rub them all over me.
We are never too cautious.
I Then positioned myself correctly, hidden among the leaves, so that even if he ends up here, I won't make any sound nor movements.

Now, let us pray for him to not find me.

Though it had been a good fifteen minutes that I had been praying and no one came.
That was a good sign till a heard steps of an enormous animal.