Chapter 69 (part 2): worst friend

Serah POV

"To put it in a more comprehensive way, your grandma was my sister's best friend."

Aunt Inhana was grandma's best friend.

"How would that work, I would have known and she's a human-"

"If you've let me finish you'd know by now." She said giggling but pursued. "Sister was the oldest child of the Markens, following me, Garret (the twins' dad) and our cute younger brother, Ilan. Mom died soon after giving birth to Ilan, at that time Inhana was 22, she had neither shifted nor found her mate, it was quite a rare for a wolf of alpha blood. Our mom was quite a delicate person, they just wanted one kid but after her 14th birthday, they had no choice but to try again so the bloodline would still continue.
Anyway, after that, she basically raised us as dad tried to cop as he could after losing his mate. He wasn't a jerk or anything, he was simply broken and tried to forget by diving into paper work whenever he could."

She paused to serve herself some water and continued her story, not before smiling to herself probably reminiscing old stories.

"Serah, now that I think about it, you kinda are like your grandma."

My lips curved slightly, as my grandma still held a special place in my heart, she knew what was going on in my head before I could form words to state it.

"You think?"

I asked, and Jeorgia bright face transported me to years before my insignificant existence.

"Wouah, you live in the forest? Like in those cute cabins? How is it ? Do you wake up by the birds singing and are there-"

"Shut up, will you, someone is trying to drive."

Finally, she got distracted. That girl only knew how to run her mouth non stop. Honestly, if it wasn't for her love towards wild animals and everything that contained chlorophyll, she would have killed me with all her useless words.

Slowly, my feet pressured the brakes when the parking came to my view. Right next to the pack house. Now I hit the brakes not so delicately.
Our body moved forward quite violently making the seatbelt work.

"What was that for?!"

"There was a bee."

Her eyes softened and she composed herself.

"Oh... It couldn't be helped then."

I fought hard, really hard to not expose my cover. Are all humans gullible? She didn't wait for me to get out of the car.
I followed her only to see her jumping around.

"It's so nice, no skyscrapers, no traffic, no noise and real oxygen."

She exhaled with happiness. But I won't blame her, their human city was a giant trash can. My lungs burnt through all the chemicals floating in the air, micro plastic on most of the food and all wild animals emigrating to run away from the incessant noise throughout the day. Well, there was more than one reason to flee from that place.
If it wasn't for my college degree, I wouldn't be out there, well if it wasn't for my constitution, I wouldn't be going to college, I wouldn't be in the city to run away from my reality.
However, every misfortune came with a blessing and mine was her; Cynthia Rolland.

The cutest and purest human of Tremor College.

As I was mostly homeschooled, I had no interest in making friends or getting to know anyone. But once a week, I had to show my face and sign that attendance sheet.
And there I met her, Miss Rolland, in Cell Biology.
The girl was mad, she tried to convince us that humans were meant to live up to eight hundred years. Yeah humans.