Chapter 52: The proposition

Serah POV

"But I remarked something. Why is no one talking about your dad?"

"What do you mean?"

Whatever she had to say, she needed to say it quickly and disappear.

"I only wanted to say that may be you could give your advice to your mother, that she should avoid opening her legs to stranger and may be you-"

I didn't let her finish that I already had her pinned to the wall. My hand gripped her neck, ready to be snapped in two.

She laughed as she could.

"Oh my, what's surfacing? Daddy issues or mommy issues?"

I knew my brain was not following, something inside of me wanted to break free. I tried to fight it but there was nothing more to do, my instinct took over.

I lost control.

My fingers clutched her neck knocking down the little oxygen left in her system. It wasn't enough. I moved my hand back and forth banging her skull against the hard material.

"You f*cking whore you are you to talk about my mother-"

Before she reached the land of the dead, Kam pulled me out of my fury and Cedric took Dina.

"Serah! Are you trying to kill her?!"

"Very much!"

The ruckus brought in a small audience all whispering between them. It wasn't hard to understand. I saw Cedric preparing to defend me but I motioned him not to with my head.

Kamil, angry at the situation, dragged me out of the scene.

We were outside, I didn't enjoy the fresh air that he got on my case.

"What were you thinking?"

"I wasn't."

He paced, trying to find the right words.

"You cannot pour your anger on someone carelessly?! Have you seen your eyes? They changed!! They glowed yellow, like my eldest described!!"

He saw that I wasn't understanding his latest statement.

"Like the day you protected my family, like this day. You looked like you could have slaughtered her!"

"How would you want me to keep cool when she was insulting my whole family?"

I could feel the tears rising to escape. As he saw, Kam stopped shouting at my face and calmed his talking pace.

"Serah, we heard everything. We all would have lost our mind but you should have broken her arms or something, not her neck."

I wasn't me,there. I was out and all I wanted was her gone.

"She's not dead anyway."

I sulked, not liking how she was getting away with her comportement.

"It's not about her well-being. It's about the image you are building as the futur luna. After this incident, many will question your legitimity as a ruller."

I didn't think about the consequences.

"Now, Serah, you have to explain your acts-"

"I have nothing to explain."

"You seem to forget that there are rules and you cannot assault innocent people and think there won't be any consequences."

I laughed, he was talking to the wrong person.