Chapitre 5: You always knew

Serah POV

Explanation time serah.

How am I going to save myself from all this mess- Ah!! I know!

"My shotgun!! I completely forgot about it!!! I should probably go and get it bac-"

"Where are you going young lady?"

She cut me off, when I was just stating a fact. Why would she glare at me as if she wanted to kill me, really I swear, I didn't know why, note the sarcasm. Anyway, I had to get out of this situation right now.

"The silver bullets are still in-"

"You won't get away with this."

I guess I'm doomed, there was no way she'll let it pass as if it was nothing but... I'll just try one last time to make sure. 

"Those were-"

"Serah!!! Stop it right now!! You just called me, listing injuries, not giving any damn explanations!!! Do you know how scared I was??!! So go cover yourself up and you have to tell me everything, I said everything, am I clear?"

"Yes."

That was all I could have muttered, I perhaps shouldn't have forced like that but I didn't know scared mummies were scary themself. Anyway I completely forgot that I was in just a bra until she told me to dress up and I should go and do what she told me to, if not... I didn't even want to know.

...

I arrived at the living room and saw her on the sofa quite upset so I just stopped moving, I didn't know if I should get nearer or not.

"Serah, sit down!"

I made my way towards her and sat beside her. I took all the courage and told her everything;  to Mr. Coroller to just before the growls.

"[...] So I just saw her and took her home."

"That's all?"

"That's all."

"You can't lie and you know it! So just spill it!"

Why couldn't I lie!!  But the worst was not that, but the fact that I had to tell her about werewolf. She won't believe me but if she saw that I was not lying maybe...

"Mom, I know you won't believe me but listen."

I paused to carefully chose my words but my mom was getting impatient.

"Just spill it!!"

"Okay, wait, she's..."

"She is"

"She is a... how do I say this a..."

"Just say-"

"A werewolf!"

That was it. I said it. I closed my eyes waiting for her to laugh out loud at me or get mad at me like I was taking her for a fool or something like that but... nothing. Nothing happened. I opened them and saw my mom just a little bit suprised; she wasn't expecting this.

"Oh... okay"

What!! Just a oh ok, I, I said ,I, did not expect this right now. She seemed ok with the idea of other species existing and all.

"Just okay?"

"Wh... What would you want me to say?"

She stuttered a little but still managed to make coherent phrases.

"I just told you werewolf exist and you just let out a okay"

"Well, they do exist what do you want me to do?"

Wait was I missing something? Grandma knew I am quite sure of it, but mom there was no way, right. I needed to remember, sometimes their conversations didn't make sense to my six years old self.

...

I woke up in the middle of the night from cries and shouts donw stairs. All the noises came from that door, I know they are here because I could see some light from below the door frame. Their voices were loud enough for me to distinguish who it belonged to:

Mom: Don't drag her into that!! She's still a kid!!

Grandma: It's her fate, she wants it or not she'll be dragged into that world sooner or later. She has to be ready when the time comes.

Mom: How can you be so sure of that!!

Grandma: I already told you; it's her fate. We still don't know how or why but-

Mom: I don't want her to!! I don't want her to end up like... Like dad.

She let a sound that seemed like sobs, I think.

Grandma: Come here my child. I'll do everything in my power to protect her from those creatures. 

...

Those creatures!! She meant werewolf by 'those creatures', I'm sure of it now. Mom knew, she always knew and their talk, they were talking about me right, I'm sure of it but it can wait for now because right now I want to make sure that she knew.

"You knew."

"Listen, it's not li-"

"You always knew."