Chapter 58: Let her go

Jayson POV

A week that she was gone, a week that I no longer felt her presence, a week. Seven days, 168 hours, 10 080 minutes and 604 800 seconds, I was feeling every one of it.

It was the first physical separation since we met, my body could tell, I didn't sleep anymore, I couldn't eat anymore, Volker wasn't talking to me anymore.

Fuck!

I threw my pen on the desk and leaned back on my chair. I moved back my hair from my eyes, but still, I couldn't see clear anymore. How am I supposed to work?!

Damn it!!

Nothing go had to go well.

Depressing inside closed doors won't help me. I stomped away from my desk and made my way outside, I very much needed a breather.

I walked mindlessly through the pack, not noticing my fellow pack mates until my title hung in the air. They scurried away when they saw the bags under my eyes.

I should visit Dina, she might have pills for me.

My head moved around, and I sighed in relief. No one was around.

I crumbled on the ground, not capable of bearing my own weight. Serah, you made a mess of me.

What she did was unforgivable, laying her hands on someone weaker, it's low. But she was still my mate and my whole being was reacting on its own. I didn't want to miss her, but her voice, her touch and scent were invading my nervous system.Every nerve of my body were carrying her memory.

We should may be break the bond.

My head was under the pressure of my wolf growling. I put my hands on my hears but there was nothing to do to block the painful ache.

"Shut up Volker."

He wasn't answering. If it continued that way, I didn't know if I could still shift. Shifting became tiring as he cooperated no more. The real pain was Volker, it felt like I was losing a part of me.

I heard leaves moving under's someone feet, and fortunately that someone was my second hand.

"What are you doing here?"

The man came from the brushed behind and gazed at me from higher.

"Looking for you."

"Go away! I'm not working today."

He stumbled next to me and said no more word. The chirping of birds, the wind and a few rodents were now alone occuping the sound waves.

I closed my eyes and I saw nothing but darkness, I wished. Her face was there, still. Her amber eyes were impossible to forget.

"So you and Dina?"

« Nothing. »

« So you and Sarah? »

« Nothing either. »

The  reminder was not appreciated but denying reality won't do me any good. So I'll shut up until boredom hit him.

He sighed shamelessly, falling, head facing the dancing branches.

« Man, how could you mess up this bad? »

I was starting to hate our conversation, it was extremely rude of him to comment about one's relationship.

« Shut up and leave. »

Eyes closed, ear closed, I wasn't open to criticism today. He got the message and got up, dusting off the few twigs that wanted to go with him.

" I will but I might have some valuable information for you."