Chapter 19: Breaking the bond

Serah POV

My eyes snapped open, remembering the last events. I almost died.

I had a slight headache but my body wasn't aching. I guessed it was Jess' job; her blood is like a magic potion you drank it and your body was as perfect as ever.

My body was living proof of that, no broken ribs, no bruises, and no pain.

However, giving blood in the state she was in, wasn't a good idea. Who would have allowed that?
I tried to sit up to see my surroundings.

There was literally no one, only that loud beeping sound echoing through this cold room, kept me company.

Being alone was quite calming and relaxing but I should let the others know that I was awake now so I clicked on that button next to the bed.

A few seconds later, a petite woman came in with a sorry smile. Her eyes were ocean blue, that made anyone want to swim in there, her blond hair was cascading her shoulders and curled in the end; her whole aura screamed love and caring.

"Dear, are you alright? Do you feel uncomfortable in any way?"

She talked as she sat down on the stool next to the bed.

"No, really I'm fine but do you know by the way where Jessica Rider is, the daugh-"

"Daughter of Alpha Rider?"

She completed my sentence with a weak chuckle.

"Yes, she might be famous and you are-"

"Her mother, Luna of the crescent pack."

She answered before I had the time to finish my sentence.

"Oh really! Well, I believe you but you don't really look alike apart from the hair and eye color."

I said quite surprised because they did not look alike at all.

"She took all of her dad's features!"

She started to laugh.

"So wh-"

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't answer you, we locked her in her room because she needed to rest, she stayed the whole three days by your side, we just kicked her out this morning; god if she knows that you're awake now she'll try to kill us!!"

She once again talked on her own.

"Sorry, am I talking too much? Am I making you uncomfortable dear?"

I laughed at her panicked reaction.

"No, no I mean I got four years to get used to it!!"

She let out a loud sigh.

"Yeah, that kid took after me, she wouldn't let go of an opportunity to run her big fat mouth!!"

We burst into a laugh because that was so true.

"So she didn't change this much?"

She asked with nostalgia and sadness in her voice.

"I don't really know."

I said, not had met the old Jess.

"She did not smile, laugh or talk like the old days."

She said reaching my hand with her own and continued.

"We are so sorry about what happened; it was a big misunderstanding."

The luna apologized on the behalf of her whole wolf crew.