Chapter 21: Still rejected

Jayson POV

I ran off to my office, almost getting rejected by my mate. She knew everything about mates because of Jess and now there was no way for her to accept me.

"Go back to her! Now that she knows we have to claim her!!"

Volker shouted when I sat on my chair not understanding our situation.

"We just escaped a rejection, so lay low for the time being."

I wanted to be by my mate side too, but she needed time away from me.

"How are you so sure she was going to reject us-"

"Jess, Jess knows how long we waited for a mate and helped us even if she hated me now."

My sister did care about me even after what happened.

"Go back to-"

I blocked him because arguing with him will only lead us to a dead end but the headache wouldn't go; that wolf was hammering my head with growls. I put my head in my hands facing the hardwood of my desk as if it could numb my physical and emotional pain.

I got interrupted by my mon entering the office without knocking.

"You should knock next time."

I groaned I didn't want to see anybody now. And I didn't want anybody to see  me like this.

"Are you okay?"

She asked knowing the answer. I gave her the 'do I look okay?' look that made her come towards me, knocking me into a hug.

"Don't try to look strong in front of me, even if you're the alpha now, I'll always be your mom so lean on me some times."

Her words were what I wanted to hear so I broke the walls and let all my thoughts out for her to see:

"She was all I waited for but I did something that cannot be forgiven and she has no intention to. If it wasn't for Jess, I would have been rejected by now. As if it wasn't enough, Volker is tiring me out not understanding the situation. What am I suppose to do?"

Still in her embrace, I said without showing my emotions and I had long forgotten how to.

"Dear, nobody can answer this question but yourself. However, giving her space might be a good idea, I talked to her and she wasn't an idiot and might understand your purpose but it still hurt her so give her time."

Her wise words gave me hope, the hope to have the family I wanted to build with my mate.

"You're right."

I muttered, slowly getting out of the hug but didn't have to as she broke it violently.

"I am always right son! Anyway, let's go to the kitchen or there won't be any food left!"

She took my hand and dragged me to the pack kitchen. I suddenly stopped in my tracks because of the pounding pain in my head.

"What's happening, dear?"

My mom got worried because of my look.

"Nothing just Volker annoying the h*ll out of me."

I quickly composed myself not wanting to look weak in front of my pack. My mom also let go of me and entered the already open kitchen with a bright smile. The luna had this weird effect on the pack members, her mood could affect the whole pack. Well, she distracted them while I got in without anyone bothering me.

I just sat on a table, face to face with my problems and also that headache. I didn't take any food, hunger couldn't reach me in that state, I only craved my mate.