Chapter 12: The whisper of despair

Jayson POV

"Jess!!!"

I cried out her name as I saw Theo running with her in his arms.

"Where did you find her?"

I asked him, still not believing that my baby sister was finally home.

"She was the one who came to find us"

Theo answered, with his pupils turning black. Why was Logan trying to surface? I tried to take her back but Theo let out a low growl that had irritated Folker and let out a:

"Mate!"

Oh, so that was it, my sister and my best friend were mates. I should have seen this coming those two had a crush on each other already before, without their wolf protesting. Whenever a girl was near me or touched me it angered Folker to the extent that he'll try to take over and tear their heads off. So I'll let this go for now even if he disrespected me.

"Oh, Congrats bro but take her to the pack hospital"

The situation became so awkward. But we sprinted to the hospital not having time to debate on the situation. We arrived there and Dr.Helmer was already waiting for us, there was a mattress in that room prepared for her. Theo dropped her in there. Dr.Helmer started his examination but was interrupted by a growl really similar to the one I faced not long ago.

"Don't you dare touch her!!"

Theo started shouting.

"Not the moment Theo!! He is only doing his job!!"

He had all right to be upset but it really wasn't the time.

"But she's my mate!!"

So Logan answered this time. I didn't want to do this but Ii has to be done now, it was getting out of control.

"Get out of here!!"

I alpha commanded him. Logan was trying hard to resist but he finally submitted and just ran off to who knows where. I also got out of the room to let Helmer do his job without stressing him. Waiting outside was nerve-wracking but I had no other choice. After some time he came back to me.

"How is she?"

He let out a small sigh and started:

"There has been a small amount of wolfbane found in her system, she had several fractures and broke her tibia, both healed over time. She also has scars, not that important but they were made by silver. However, she will wake up in no time."

It infuriated my wolf and just wanted to kill whoever has done that.

"She has been through torture?!"

"We canno-"

"So how can you explain that?"

"I am not the one who can answer this, only Jessica or the prisoner could answer it?"

"Who?"

Did we have a prisoner, no one told me.

"The hunter they found with her."

So they found her abductor too. That person won't make it alive. I swear!

...

"Where is she?"

I ask the warriors guarding the entry of our underground prison and responded:

"The isolated cell made for hunters, Alpha Rider."

This cell was vacant for years. I didn't even know where it was.

"It's a first in centuries."

I said chanted mostly to myself but my guard caught it.

"You are right, Alpha Rider; so we couldn't clean it beforehand and it is in a despicable situation."

It was good to know, she will break down quickly.

"She deserves worse than a dirty cell!"

They just bowed, their face facing the dirty ground and I made my way towards the criminal's cell situated at the end of the tunnel. At first, we wanted to make a public execution but after seeing all those scars made by silver on the body of my little sister, we changed our plans. Well, I changed the plans. How dare she lay a hand on my baby girl! She deserves the same treatment that she had put through Jessi!! So torture was the answer, she has to answer all of my questions too. Why would hunters help rogues? We were in an era of peace! Why would they break the treaty!

I walked down faster because I wanted answers to all those questions really fast. And there, I recognized it, this scent: The sweet scent of magnolia and amber with a faint smell of orange. This scent used to drive my wolf, Folker, crazy whenever I was close to her shotgun. Her scent eventually wore off and it calmed him down; till today.

He wanted to break free but I managed to contain him. As we got closer, it became harder to push him back and here I am in front of her cell. When I locked my eyes with hers everything became clearer.

While my wolf screamed 'Mate' in my head with joy and excitement. I just whispered with despair:

"Mine"

...

Now you all know where I took my excerpt from!!

Please vote and comment!!