Chapter 18: I'll be the one

Jayson POV

"Do you like her?"

"What?"

"Because you'll become the person she'll hate the most."

What was she talking about; is my mate a psycho?

"Don't you dare insult our mate!"

"Look at-"

"Do you think someone will have a sane mind after what she had gone through!?"

"No bu-"

"So shut the f*ck up human!!"

Wouah! Getting insulted by your own wolf, how pleasant.

"You deserved it dumb*ss."

Really. My thoughts didn't need to be commented so I blocked him out because it was giving me a headache and I already had this mate of mine to fill this role.

"Okay, dear huntress; I don't care about the nonsense you're spouting but I'm going to give you two options: 1) You turn yourself in, confess your crimes so you could stay alive and live a life in the pack as a war prisoner confined in a respectable room or 2) Not confessing anything and stay here the rest of your life in this filthy cell. Here's the deal; now choose ."

It was the only way to keep her alive and by my side; Volker won't forgive me if I killed or rejected his mate.

"You really don't understand, don't you?"

That girl finally muttered, if it wasn't for my werewolf hearing I wouldn't catch anything she'd say but nothing she said actually made sense.

"What is there to understand? I'd like to know."

I replied back, I won't hide the fact that her voice made me feel whole and I would have loved it but this was now a feeling that I resented.

"I-"

"Alpha!!"

Beta Dimitri came with my dad and cut her off. And it pissed me off, a feeling that I couldn't control.

"What do you need?"

I asked, not appreciating the fact that they disturbed us on our deal.

"I thought you should know that it would be a wise decision to end it with a death sentence."

They were still on this, I sighed and tried to contain Volker who was on the verge of coming out.

"I refuse! I won't come back on my decision!!"

"She may be a hunter but she doesn't deserve this treatment!"

"I shall make the final decision!"

"Alpha!! Get back to-"

My father started to shout and I knew what he was about to say, I didn't want to hear it again but a familiar yet so different smell hit me so turned my head.

And there I saw it, a running Jess in her hospital gown, with no shoes and messed up hair.

...

What the h*ll happened! I tried to get a hold of myself but Jess' word was ringing in my head.

"You guys don't understand anything, she has nothing to do with the rogues!! Just let her go already!!"

If what she had just said was true, I'd be the happiest man right now but if it was true, it means that I actually tortured my own mate because I didn't believe her.