Chapter 27: The reason why

Serah POV

It was 4 am. My alarm clock didn't ring yet. It will in fifteen minutes but I wasn't ready.
Sleep didn't find its way to me as yesterday's event kept clinging to me, to my skin to be exact.
What was he doing to me? I can't understand. Whenever his wolf took control it...
I didn't know, I was just so much attracted to him and I couldn't pull away when we were in each other's arms.

It was not supposed to be like this. I mean that we should ignore the bond or whatever was between us and live as nothing happened. Who was I kidding? There was something I couldn't explain between us. The mate bond. My inner voice never failed me right. Yeah, I know-

My trail of thoughts was interrupted by my so awaited alarm clock.
I reluctantly got up and aimed for the bathroom.

I faced my tired self.
My waist-lengthed hair was tangled with my tank top. Like every morning. My cleavage was exposed when I put the remaining hair behind my shoulder. I wasn't that bad my curves were just enough, too much will hinder my activities like a match at 6.
I roughly put my hand in my hair as this irritating event was around the corner.
As if I needed a fight.
Anyway, let's freshen our self.

I finished all I had to do and grabbed a sandwich in the mini-fridge before heading out.

I was met with the fresh air of the morning. Goosebumps raised on my body as my fluid tank top and a short failed to protect me from this intrusion. Not like it bothered me, enjoying this coldness I found a spot in the garden to eat my almost finished sandwich.

I took the time to be alone with myself and once again thought about yesterday.

Did I still love Kevin? Was he worth it or Will he ever wake up?
Will I cheat on him if I gave a try to Jay.
Jayson, it was normal how he reacted, no one will stay still if their family got involved. I could understand but he didn't make the best choices and it impacted me more than I let it show.

A mate was a concept really attractive to me. You have to be devoted to one forever without questioning it every day: is he the one? Will it work?

No question, no one else just your mate but he didn't even deserve a mate. Who wouldn't wait for their mate and save themselves for them? Might be why he was paired with to save any she-wolf who was there waiting for the perfect mate. She was his and he was hers forever.

However, if Jay was my mate, Kevin was not my soul mate we weren't meant to be. All of this was confusing.
Jayson was trying his best and let me time so we'll talk after the fight and I'll tell him what I was thinking.

Talking about the fight, it was in half an hour. I stood up from the rock I was sat on and directed myself to the training field.

My walk came to an end when I saw the crowd in front of me. What the hell was happening?
I shook the shoulder of a random person to fill me in.

"What's happening and why are so many people up at 5:30?"

The girl turned around and flashed me a smile. I knew it could have been brighter if her face didn't scream I just got out of bed and the swollen belly she had.

"Don't you know the Alpha and Luna scheduled a hand to hand com-"

She stopped and sniffed me and realized something.

"Sorry, Luna may you forgive my rud-"

I stopped her this time not liking where it was going.

"No, I'm not your luna and I know for the match but is there so much people."

She was shifting uncomfortably as she didn't know how to address me.

"Alpha Jayson doesn't train with us so seeing him spare with someone attracted a lot of people. Moreover, they wanted to see a human fight and watch for themselves if she was worthy of the position."