Chapter 77: Bad decision

Serah POV

The door creaked open and behind Jay well built back, there it was, the first thing I got to see: my package.

And it talked:

"Long time, we haven't seen each other, my little squirrel!!"

Before I could blink, my legs sped towards my interlocutor and my arms spread to welcome one of my most cherished human beings.

He caught me and embraced me with a warmth that brought ease to my soul. I had not even the time to dwell in his scent that roars echoed in the room.

My eardrums, now, no longer in function, could half comprehend the mess they would call an argument.

"Why is her scent covered by your dirty intents!!"

"You move away from her before I cut you in enough pieces to pack you back you right where you came from."

Jay was fuming violently and surprisingly, I didn't sense Volker's presence. I tried to explain the situation but the two men were showing each of their teeth, ready to reap each other off. My body was shoved behind the main scene and used his well groomed self as a shield.

"Your alpha blood won't save you from your pathetic condition as a mortal."

Jay paused after the stranger's statement as if realising something. He let his guard down for a second, it could have been to start a discussion, all my speculation could be true. However, that mistake will cost his jaw a really bad bruise.

I ran, snaking my arms around his waist before he could get any more damage on Jay.

"Serah this bastard, you don't know but he has not an ounce of shame, I can smell that every one of his cells only wants to disgrace you!!"

"Maybe because we're mates!!"

I shouted back.

Silencing the whole room. Now that I take a clear view around, the alpha family was here, standing right in front of their sofa. Except for Jess.

And I wouldn't want to know where she actually was or what she was doing.

Anyway, he finally stopped beating the crap out of some alpha he met for the first time, and his eyes ping ponged between my mate and I.

With almost apologetic eyes, he smiled bitterly.

"Now I understand why your genes are acting up."

He embraced with utmost care, cupped my cheeks possessively, and his mismatched eyes dove into mine.

"Look at you now, you're starting to resemble me more than your mom."

Lost in our own world, appreciating our long lost connection, we could hear throats clearing, bringing us out from our own buble.

The attention went to Jay.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Eos Knightwalker."

He bowed his head in respect and everyone followed. I was a bit perplexed with their show of respect.

But at some point, I started connecting the dots, if my mom was human then ultimately, Eos was a lycan. The lock I put on all the crap I kept inside burst open as he respectfully introduced himself to strangers he just met as who he really was.

Indeed, my joy of seeing him again was overpowered by all the lies they told me and I couldn't resist the urge to slap him on his head.

It was a small smack, but it did resonate as the office was dead silent. He didn't wait a second to pinch my ear as he reprimanded me.