Chapter 24: Tainted Purity

Jayson POV

It has been a week that both my mate and my sister were ignoring me.
It hurt to be neglected by your mate but the distasteful glares from Jess weren't any better neither.
It felt like my sister resented me more than my other half.

Today, I was determined to catch her and ask her why she was acting like that, her behavior only got worse since she came.

Moreover, I was kicked out of my own mansion and had to move to the pack house. Dad said it was the little one order: "I don't want my sis to be uncomfortable during her stay so don't let 'the alpha' any near her for the time being."
And who I am for her? This little brat.
She should have her own reasons but Volcker was driving me crazy as he was constantly asking for his mate.

I knew her, she would not endanger my chances with my mate but I couldn't figure out how was that supposed to help me.

My bare feet were now hitting the humid grass as I got out to get some fresh air so I could finally focus on my work.

"Jay!"

I voice that I knew too well called me out.

"What do you want Theo?"

I asked in a bored tone, this week my social interaction were with Theo and my beta which were the same person so I was no more enthusiastic to hear his voice.

"The ball we-"

I knew it was about work but I didn't want to listen anymore. It was giving me a headache already.

"Don't talk about it! I need a break."

My ranting was followed by the sound of a human body crushing on the ground. Not only my mind but my legs gave up too. I was now sat on the grass with my head between my hands. I could feel someone sitting beside me.

"Me too, bro. This week was hard, I couldn't get hold of Jess and all the work we put aside came back harder than I expected."

We were both in the same shit. Really deep down now. I chuckled because I wasn't going to cry over this.

"Does she also give you that glare that says 'you are the most repugnant person in the world'?"

My question won the surprised look of my best buddy.

"No, no way. I'd break down if she did.  No, she gave me that hurt and sorry look but still ignores me. But does Serah give you that look."

It was now my time to be surprised she was quite civil toward her mate even though that I-
Anyway.

"No, Serah plainly ignores me like I was no one and will be no one like she doesn't feel anything towards me but I get the looks from Jess. She wasn't that harsh at first, what could have happened?"

He sighed after hearing all of this.

"I thought my life sucked but yours is worst."

That statement was more than true. I didn't know what to do anymore.

"Jay?"

That same one person I was talking to this whole week called up.

"Yes."

What else could I have answered?

"Jess always takes some time alone during this time. She should be in the front garden watering the plants. If you go now, you should see her."

Why did he wait to drop that gold bomb? But-

"How do you know that?"

This simple question made him really uncomfortable as only stutters got out of his mouth.