Chapter 68: Grey

Jayson POV

Her demeanor was cold and impolite. We had enough of history to know that she wasn't much of a gray person. It was either black or white.
I could understand that her attitude might be caused by my intrusion but she was different, something was off and it might be in my favor.
Since she came here, Volker was on edge, feeling her energy going all over the place, as if she was somehow unstable, unable to distinguish her own unity. Perhaps, I was simply deluding myself, still in denial of the instant rejection.

Blaming her was not even an option, I  wronged her and an apology was not enough to redeem myself. And she promised herself to remind me every single time.

I was set on asking for forgiveness the moment I left Red Crescent and so did I. I longed for her, and I found her. My heart was pierced through when her eyes reflected nothing but contempt.
It wasn't even hatred, it was simple annoyance.
Why did he have to show up?
She treated me like bad weather, she didn't hate it but if it could stay out of her sight her day would be better.
She was done, she said. And I almost believed her...

If she was done, she'd ignore me, she wouldn't be all distracted by my mere whereabouts, I could sense it, she was changing.

She was no longer the human Serah that couldn't perceive the privileges our Moon goddess gifted upon us.
She saw it all, and my smell. I had a few weeks on her on how to conceal the maddening need to bathe in her scent, I learned how to compose my urges, when foremost, it was a human I had to deal with. Now, she was more accustomed to the words holding back.
However, I was now facing a resentful half wolf half human, but I liked her better now. I hoped she would forgive me, I'll do whatever I could for it to happen but if it didn't work, I believed in the Moon goddess, she would play with her strings and I was willing to pay any price for her intervention.

...

"I don't care if it wasn't her story to tell but I have to hear it."

Jeorgia was such a wholehearted being and she should stop pouring the irritation she'd feel towards me onto her.
Words I dared not to utter as I was trying to be in her good grace.

"Serah, this letter, is simply so much more than you would think. There is a reason why they didn't tell you anything."

Her knuckles lost their innocent colors as her teeth grinded to her pressure.

"I will not wait, they've been hiding a whole part of my identity, a whole part of my history and I refuse to calmly wait for those half assed answers. Not when it affects me in ways that makes me hate myself."

The meaning she hid was vague, was it about our bond or was it about her outburst. Either way, she was made perfect, her instinct called to protect and to step on those who disrespected her blood.
She was perfect.
White for those who deserved it, and black to those who chose a path, they wished they didn't.

Jeorgia, stood out of her chair and went to the room. Serah tried to mimic her actions but Kamil kindly took her hand and she sat back right after. Impatience was emanating from her breath so she tried to breath in slowly and breath out seconds later. After adopting the rythme, Jeorgia was already back but with a phone in hand.

She sat but not before giving the phone to Serah.

Her eyes widened at the gentle voice that called her name, she darted out of the table and went out of the house, banging the door as hard as she could.

Silent painted the walls of this warm house until the bundle of light decided to break this awkwardness.

"I tried to get to the house, I'm not doing it again."