Chapter 22 (part 3): The Sleeping boy

Unknown POV

"What!?"

Ritha was now shouting after hearing the story.

"What? What."

Couldn't she make a sentence that would at least exceed one word?

"You were with a guy! And I never knew! How? Tell me more! "

Really! All she understood out of this, was that I got laid. She won't ever change.

"Do you remember Stephen?"

Anybody could tell that she was utterly confused but anybody would have.

"What? The one you friend-zoned since forever. How cou-"

"He was my mate."

There was no need to wait for the question. I gave the answer she awaited.

"Oh, so you accepted him but what about him now?"

I never knew that I'll ever talk about him again.

"When I heard of the prophecy, I decided to not let him know about us-"

"Wait!? Are you telling me that he has no idea that he has a daughter!"

She looked horrified, she knew the answer and she was just waiting for me to tell her it was all a sick jock but it wasn't.

"It was the best-"

She was mad and decided to not let me finish.

"You had no right!! Okay, you could have cut me off or whoever you wanted but not the dad of your child!! Does she even know?"

Mad was maybe not the right choice of word to describe her. Her fury was way beyond that.

"Listen, can you just two seconds put yourself in my shoes! I was young and wanted to protect my loved ones, I had to cut ties with this world and let Stephen out of this."

After my speech, her expression softened and her traits still portray sorrow.

"But it wasn't your choice... And you knew deep down that prophecies were bound to happen."

It hit me hard, she was right and might have messed up in the end.

"All I wanted was to protect them."

It was impossible to defend my lost case but I tried.
Ritha, her emerald eyes never judged me only sadness could be found in them. She moved forward and hugged me. Her arms were warm and for the first time since my mother's death, I felt understood.

"You tried your best but you should have sought help."

I got out of her embrace remembering why I was here.

"That's why I am here."

...

"So what's the plan?"

The queen asked while trying to keep my pace with her high heels assaulting the floor.

"We need to find Eos."

A scoff could be heard through the whole corridor.

"Do you think he could help!? He never got out of his cabin since he got here."

I stopped in my tracks and turned around because I wasn't that surprised but I was still confused that he wasn't near the castle.

"Doesn't he live in the castle?"

The clicking sound of her heels stopped when I interrogated her.

"Nope, he never stepped a foot inside."