Chapter 54: Two weeks

Jessica POV

"Theo we already went through this and I'm going to hate your guts if you keep pestering me!!"

I trashed from his hold but there was nothing to do. He had time to explore my body and now he knows how to keep me in place.

"I can't! Luna's order."

"There won't be any luna if we let her go!!"

He held me closer to himself but way more delicately, I calmed down instantly. Our mate bond was a blessing but I hated how my hypocrisy took over.

I looked at his face and I knew he was torn between his mate, his best friend, and the luna he served.

"Jess we can't do anything for now, let's obey the luna, she surely had her reasons."

My tears welled up ready to fall and when the first one slid, tingles stopped their route. I was hurting my mate to save the half-baked relation of my brother.

I gave in and dived into my mate's comfort, his lips on mine, we went all the way. I still felt guilty towards Serah who longed for a soul mate, while I enjoyed the blissful side of the gift, she was suffering from the other party's indecisiveness.

We fell on her bed deciding to decorate the space with our personal odor.

...

I was in a world of blackness, not ready to come out.

"Get up already!"

Zaphira was as agreeable as always.

"Why should I?"

"She left the territory."

What could I do when she was gone. I didn't know anymore if I wanted her here, she was being tracked, she almost died, plenty of times, she was met with the eligible mate, one that didn't respect the moon goddess.

I didn't know if having her as my sister was simply a selfish wish of mine. All of this because of that stupid Jay, he didn't deserve her. This pack didn't deserve her. How could they all turn their back on her for one incident?

I was exaggerating, she could have died but again if Serah went to such a length, there might have been a valid reason.

I had to go and visit Dina.

I forced open my eyes and rays invaded her room. The sky was coated in a golden blur which was bliss to my eyes.

I had better to do than contemplating this beauty. As expected, Theo was gone; duty obliged.

I was out of the house ready to interrogate Dina but I was met with Gabriella.

"Jessica? Why haven't I seen you today? Serah already quitted Red Crescent with Kam?"

Her hands, full with her toddler, she struggled to keep her attention on me. Me either, Alan was restless in her arms.

"She locked me up with Theo so she could go smoothly that b*tch!"

"Your language lady!! Kids are listening!"

The maternal instinct surfaced and I couldn't help but hide my mouth behind my hand with shame. When her face muscles relaxed I realised that there was no harm in cussing in front of a baby. Though, telling Briah what I thought was another issue.

"Sorry."

I apologized nevertheless. She sighed or smiled, I couldn't tell.

"Well, I believe you. I bet she was too tired to face whatever you would have planned to make her stay."