Chapter 15: Hate the most

Jayson POV

I ran out because I didn't want to see her in that state so I let Theo put that tool on her neck. How could I stay? Volker would have killed him on the spot. I didn't want to think about her now; she was that hunter and my mate. I was so angry with myself how could I want her when I hate her so much. Her scent started to fade away with every step I took to get out of the dungeon.

"Don't even think about getting out of here and let our mate all alone in that filthy cell!"

Volker was shouting in my head and tried to take control at the same time. It was becoming harder and harder to push him back.

"She can manage herself!"

"I don't care, just get back to her, our place is next to her!!!"

"Don't you know what she had done to our sister!!"

"Our mate couldn't have done that!"

"But she did!!"

I could hear Volker whimper in my head, no longer trying to surface but taking the blow of his emotions was harder than suppressing him.

I was walking out when I saw Kam, one of my best warrior. I put him here as the guard of the right wing because there was usually no one here as this part of the dungeon was exclusively for humans so he could finish earlier and get back to his pregnant wife but with her now he won't be able to go back anytime soon.

"Alpha!"

He saluted and bowed down to me.

"How are you Kam?"

I asked him because he didn't seem quite alright.

"Fine Alpha. Thanks for asking."

He said with no confidence.

"Tell me what's wrong?"

I asked, knowing how anxious he was.

"I'm fi-"

"I said tell me!"

Don't give me the 'I am fine' b*llshit Kam. So he sighed and started.

"Well, Briah is due to give birth in few days or hours so staying away from my mate makes Gilbert go crazy."

"I see"

I simply said and started to walk away but I couldn't let him in that state so walked back to him.

"Go back to your mate."

I stated, not knowing what I was even doing.

"You d-"

"Just go. I'll take care of it from now on."

"Thanks, Alpha."

He said and ran off to his mate. What am I even doing? Only helping a friend, nothing more and nothing less.

"What are you still doing here?"

Theo asked as he saw me in my thoughts.

"Nothing, Kam had an emergency so I took over for him."

"Yeah, whatever."

"I don't care about your thoughts."

"I didn't say anything, anyway I'm going to see Jess."

He replied and got out of here. He might be right in the end; what was I doing?

...

It was starting to get dark outside and my mate was still in that cell. I could smell her blood all over the place and Volker was becoming more and more aggressive with me but I pushed him as far as I could because he would probably mark her if he had the chance, something I absolutely didn't want.

What was I doing right now, only delaying her death sentence; it was already impressive that she had lasted till now.

She didn't even cry or whimpered-

"No, no, no ..."

I heard her say with my heightened hearing, if I was human I'd have probably missed it.

"Fuck!"

She continued to speak on her own. I spoke too fast, the fork began to take effects.

"Get the fuck away!!"

She screamed making a violent sound, the sound of chains colliding with each other.
What the h*ll was she talking about. There should be nobody there and there was no other scent other than hers. Did she finally lose it?
Anyway, Volker was getting anxious as the smell of her blood got stronger.

"Fuck! It..."

She screamed, with pain in her voice. I couldn't do anything, I could only pray that she'd survive or beg to the Moon Goddess to give me a second chance mate but we all knew that it wouldn't be the same.

"Don't even think about that!!"

Volker growled loudly in my head. I knew what he thought about this situation but I couldn't let him have what he wanted.

"Jay! Her pulse is getting slower and slower as if she was falling asleep! Do something right now or els-"

Volker was fighting for control but I won't let him surface. However, what he said was right, I can't let her fall asleep. So I rushed to her cell and saw that she was closing her eyes not being able to take this. She started to whisper something but I didn't care and did the only thing that came to my mind.

**BANG**

I slugged the bars with all my strength and she woke up on the spot. There were no emotions in her eyes nor life. She stared back with hatred in them, it was making me angry I was the one supposed to have this look, she did not deserve to feel hate right now.

"Maybe she was forced! There is no way our mate did this!"

Volker tried to come up with different scenarios to make our mate innocent but when there was too much evidence, she was a monster.

"I wish you were right Volker."

"Then why don't ask her why she did that, I'm sure she was forced to!"

I stared back at her and asked:

"Why did you do that?"

"I'm innocent."

She answered back, and it got me mad.

"There is too much evidence! Don't play the innocent card with me!"

I shouted but she didn't say a word.

"So tell me, what did they offer you for this job? Why would hunters and rogues join forces? Is it only you or the whole community?"

How dare she, not listen to me? I tried my best to understand her!!

"Are you listening!?"

She just let out a dry scuff and said

"Quite dumb for an alpha weren't they suppose to be rightful and all the b*llshit that comes with it."

"Did you just insult me!?"

She just signed her death sentence now, there was no way I was accepting her.

"She was right she said you're dumbest person in the universe."

"What do you mean?"

I asked, furious.
After few minutes she still didn't let out a word. And it got me mad.

"Ignoring me won't help you!"

I growled, she was disrespecting me as an Alpha and mate or not I won't let that pass.

"You-"

I started but got cut off by her as she started to laugh like a maniac and then stopped to stare into my eyes:

"Do you like her?"

"What?"

"Because you'll become the person she'll hate the most."

She led me to him (Werewolf story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें