Chapitre 14 (part 2):**BANG**

Serah POV

It has been hours, immobile with my head maintained high on that fork. I couldn't move with my hands chained and that collar choking me. I couldn't even bend down because it would pierce my neck.

But after those hours I could not stay still, hence the metal punctured my neck. The wound eventually closed up, leaving a trail of dried blood on me. It was itching so bad and there was nothing I could do for it.

Being alone in there without being able to move or do anything was frustrating; my head was a mess. I thought about giving up; giving up life. But I couldn't, I had to stay alive because mom was waiting for me at home, and him.

I won't let those thoughts get me because I was strong, strong enough to go through this. Yes, I needed to be strong for them.

I tried to breathe in and out to stay concentrated on my respiration and forget this hellhole. It worked, it worked quite well but a buzz made me lose focus.

I didn't know where it came from but the apparition of those flies that were flying around my cell said it all. I hate this sound, this buzzing sound. The flies ringing constantly in you hear was worse than any other torture.

While I was announcing my hate for flying and buzzing insects, one came dangerously close, like really close. I already hated them but now I couldn't move and the sound and sight of it were harder to stand.

"No, no, no..."

I whispered as it was a few inches from my face, I tried to blow on it to make it go back from where it came from but it only directed towards my healing wound.

"Fuck!"

I shouted quite loud to it. As if it could understand but anyway I tried because I was losing all the patience I had in store.

"Get the fuck away!!"

I cried out again, not wanting that filth any near me. I violently moved, making some weird noise, to make it go away from that wound of mine. It eventually flew away but my movement enabled the fork to enter into my skin, reopening my wound.

"Fuck! It..."

Hurt, I didn't know where but it hurt. Fighting to survive was getting harder, should I take the easy way. I had people to protect but how could I if I couldn't protect myself first.

We said we'll protect each other but why am I here alone.

"Let's go!"

He said taking my hand in his while advancing towards the back gate.

"No! we can't, grandma said that we couldn't go into the forest alone."

I said still following him because I secretly wanted to go too.

"Yeah, she said you can't go alone, I can, and you'll come with me."

"You sure?"

I asked uncertainly.

"Yes! And didn't you wanted to see those creatures?"

He asked, smiling like an idiot.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!!"

I screamed like an idiot.

"But do you know them?"

I asked innocently.

"Yes! They are my family, I come from there."

He answered with excitement.

"But grandma said it was dangerous there, for me."

I was so excited to go but disobeying grandma made me feel bad.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you."

He said.

"No way! you're 12 so you can't even protect yourself!"

I chuckled.

"You can protect me."

He said, dragging me further away from the house.

"I'm only 8, I can't."

"Stop worrying! I said they're family."

He said while messing up my hair.

"Really? Then what-"

"Kevin!! What are you doing!?"

I was cut off by my mom, yelling at Kev.

He tried to answer but she took me away from him and went back to the house.
I could see the sadness in his eyes but he composed himself and shouted at my mom.

"I'll protect her! No matter what I'll protect her!"

Till this day I believed him but this time he couldn't do anything for me.

"You said you 'll protect me but where are you!! Where are now that I need you Kev-"

I started to whisper, letting myself fall further and further away from reality to the abyss of my thoughts; knowing that it was the end.

I closed my eyes and let the metal enter my skin, it was no longer hurting and-

**BANG**

My eyes snapped open at the really loud sound, I lifted my head to find myself face to face with Jayson, in front of the bars of my cell.

Did he just slug the door? To help me? That assh*le of alpha did. I internally scuffed.

Why would he? he wanted me dead!! Oh no sorry, death was to easy for me. He wanted more, he wanted to torture me.

I was also his mate, right? If I ended dying he'll be weak, the weakest alpha. He was just a power angry alpha.

I was about to think that he wasn't that heartless but seeing his eyes full of hatred was enough to know why.

Why he saved me.