Chapter 53: Encircled

Serah POV

Yesterday was a nightmare, the bond I built with the pack mates crumbled like a fragile house card. None tried to know more, I might be a bit wrong about the last statement.

"Serah, tell me, now!!"

I ignored her cries and continued packing my bag. Most of my stuff was to be left behind, I tried only to take the necessities for our short trip.

"Serah!! Why the f*ck would you do that? Tell me what she did!!"

This female-only knew me from my deepest flaw and none showed injustice. Well, I hoped. I was about to put spare clothes but her hands messed up my hard-made backpack.

"Jess, can't you see-"

How could I sermon her when her tears manifested for me. I hugged her soothing the pent-up frustration she might be feeling. She hugged me harder whispering between her sniffings.

"Can't you tell me already? How could I defend you if I don't know what happened?"

I took her out of my frame to see the smeared face of my baby sis. With my hands, I wiped the unstoppable tears.

"I did want to kill her. Unfortunately, Kam and Cedric paused my fists."

"I know that but why did you do that? I need the reason. Please Serah, if I'm your sister you can't keep me in the dark."

The girl was blackmailing me with her puppy-like face. There was no reason to hide what Dina said, she deserved to burn in hell. However, there was one thing refraining me from making it public. It was Jessica. Who would appreciate hearing their mother insulted, it was disagreeable and I wished my sister to be spared from the following rage.

If I were to take the blame and save her from murder, I was very well willing.

"Later, Kam is waiting for me."

She pouted but there was no more to say. I should have controlled my anger.

"But you cannot go before making things right."

I sighed.

"Jess I was not the one rushing out of Red Crescent, I'm being thrown away, I cannot overstay your welcome."

"What about Jay?"

"He was the one ordering, I should be grateful for the mercy your pack is offering, he said last."

Her tears streamed faster than rapids.

"Jess I'm hours away from your pack, visit me often."

I wasn't sensitive enough, her sorrow was almost visible for humans. I embraced her one last time, reflecting her emotions.

"How could you smile like that?"

My lips curved slightly.

"My tears and sadness washed away yesterday. I already had my shameful time away from wicked eyes. I'm exiting this pack with my head held high."

I realized that she was taller than me and it was no longer easy to comfort her like in the past.

"Jess, can you call me Theo for a sec."

"Why for?"

"I need him to do me a favor."

She nodded obediently and called her mate via her mind link. After a few stand-up cuddles, Theo finally came in. I needed him if I wanted to be freed.

"Luna, you called."

He bowed politely. I motioned him to get closer and gave him a small piece of paper.