Chapter 74: No responsibility

Serah POV

The soft mouvements of water pleasing my serenity, the gentle back and forth calming my sanity.
The sun was trying to find a way through my eyelashes while coloring my eyelid bright red.
The long fingers massaging my scalp but they somehow managed to uproot a few of my hair.

"Ouch!"

I yelped but I kept my position to not disturb the peace built by my environment.
However, someone deemed me, undeserving of my stable state and preferred to see me suffer.
I could bet, a handful of my hair were still tangled in their fingers, and because I knew the person, they would never try to find a gentle way to spare me the pain.

"Jess, it's nice enough of you but I'd rather grow old with gray hair than end up bald."

The she wolf turned a blind eye to my comment and decided to free her hands from my head.
I gulped the coming moan of despair, clasped my eyelashes together and waited for the storm to pass.

And then my head hit the concrete hard soil.

This was enough.

"Jess, come on, you were the one who suggested a relaxing afternoon noon, and here you are, twisting my neck in all kinds of ways."

I sat back on my ass, letting my hand go through the curtain formed by my strands to reach the nape of my neck. I soothed the area drawing circles where the ache was prominent.

"Serah, I can't do it anymore, it's been two hours that my fingers haven't had a break, and moreover, you haven't moved for like forever, and I'm sure blood stopped circulating in my lower half one hour ago."

From her point of view it did make sense, but you shouldn't hurt someone else because of your own pain.
I stood with my jello legs and stretched my whole body, my arms tried to reach for the vibrant sky and my toes were enduring my entire weight.
God, she was right, I didn't move for a whole two hours.
An indiscreet yawn crossed over my lips, and my hand was too slow to conceal it.

"I assume you liked the self care program I prepared?"

The girl was retrieving the few towels we spread on the low cut grass, Theo would have loved the view.
I should tell him.

'Your mate is in a bikini, moving carelessly, leaving nothing to my imagination.'

I sent the email. We'll see if it reached its destination.

The leaves surrounded the part where we made our cute installation. I moved through them to pick up any products that we might have left behind.
However, the girl was quick to get everything in order, leaving behind only the clothes we were to wear.

"Why is Theo ordering me to put on some clothes right away?"

Oh, it worked.
Her perplexed features clashed with my smiling face, it was then that she understood. She got faster and faster every time.

"I just projected to him how good you looked."

She giggled nevertheless.

"So I should understand that the training is going well."

My lips contracted together with bitterness.

A week ago, the Alpha of Sharp Wolf let the bomb out in front of the whole alliance, I was the one from the prophecy.
A human, with almost nothing of lycan blood but powers that could surpass one, I was nothing but danger for all species.

The council will hold an official meeting regarding my case and meanwhile, the Luna of Red Crescent finally showed me the pages she had purposely hidden from my sight.
I empathised with mom but she still had to grovel to get my total forgiveness because she could have at least helped me control what was going on inside of me instead of letting me face it alone.