Chapter 70: A sickening night

Serah POV

"She disappeared?"

My voice echoed her last words.
The room was filled with nothing but incomprehension. Inhana was clearly a family friend, I might have met her when I was younger, but there was no way to remember.
Jeorgia hand went to grab the glass to pour herself some more water, the top of the bottle whirled on the table with a rhyming sound slowly fading in the air, soon replaced by the liquid saturating its container.

"Did they not send anyone to find her?"

Kamil joined her monologue with feelings I could not decipher.

"They did obviously, from the royal hunters to the wolf of the council everyone was on it."

Sadness coated her words. But Kamil was starting to get more confused.

"I would understand if you tell me the humans helped us but why the council, one person disappearing is the last of their worries. And how come no one told me?"

It would make sense, if the council was like the gouvernement for werewolves, why would they get into that case, she was simply one civil among many others.
His mom sighed once again.

"Kamil, it was confidential that the council was on it, nobody even realized that she disappeared as she was always traveling. That case got big because after finding from where she disappeared, the wolves were losing their senses, their inner compass and they lost all the attributes that made them surhumain.
It wasn't for your aunt the council put an effort but because of a drug way more dangerous than wolfsbane and sister was the only thread that could lead them to some clues.
But nothing, the effect of the drug on the wolves were not permanent and they didn't find any inkling that could have enabled them to continue on that case."

I was asking myself how the story of Inhana could help me understand myself and she might have given me the last piece.
She disappeared a few years after my birth, Jess was attacked on her fourteenth birthday because they thought her to be me.
The thought gave me shivers but I needed answers.

"Do you think it's my fault? Do you think she might have disappeared because of me?"

She no longer needed to say any , her eyes were enough of the answer I awaited.

"Serah, it's more complicated than that. To be honest, those involved in the abduction of Jess and the disappearance of Inhana are most probably not related. But to say their motives were not the same, would be another story."

Nothing was confirmed, but I might be the core of all these assaults. My brain imprinted the day I met that man, red a color he tamed, contrasting with his dark attire. Quite classy for a villain.
He wanted me and somehow it was connected to Ice Moon.

"Why do they want me? Is it related to the fact that my family hid me from a world I was part of."

Her lips curved slightly, lifting the burden of our space.

"You're right, when you get back to Red Crescent, you'll know everything. But again, it's not a story for me to tell."

The woman in front of me, stretched her limbs while letting out a small yawn. I bet it was our cue to go.
I stood up, letting my blood slowly circulate through my sleeping veins. It wasn't pleasant but I needed fresh air after this complicated story.
It did help but it felt like mysteries only kept piling up.

"Thank you Jeorgia, sincerely, it was the most someone told me about all this mess."

Her arms encircled my grand frame and her hair scotched to my Tee.

"Please, take care of yourself. Don't go wandering around alone and don't trust anyone."

The warm energy she shared turned into an ice cold warning. Our body detached and her regard was as firm as her words.