Chapter 4: Tracking This Scent

Jayson POV

"Now!!"

I shouted in her head. She was not used to the battlefield; you had to stay concentrated every second and she was the airheaded type so I was really scared for my babygirl.

I could see her running towards the eastern border but the priority now was her safety. Warriors will find her anyway if she goes out of the pack territory.
Then a whimper escaped her mouth, I turn around to see a rogue biting her leg. A loud growl escaped from the three of us; mom, dad and myself. But before I could even react my dad jagged his body. Three rogues circled me when I was towards Jessi. She got out of my sight right after my dad told her to get out of here.

It hurt to know that my sister was running out there with an injured leg, for her first day. She was supposed to enjoy it. Shifting was like sealing the bond between your wolf. The human and the wolf will forever belong together. I knew how much she waited for this day.

All those thoughts depressed me but also infuriated me. Right now, all I wanted was blood and kill every single person who ruined her day, her birthday.
My fangs were directed to the neck of the Rogue in front of me and I hammered my claws into the head of the other two. The rogues were laying dead and reinforcement finally arrived.

Now it was the time to bring back my sister.

"Dimitri!! I'll let you take care of it from now on."

He nodded and took his place in the battle with his warriors.

I caught the sent of my sister and it was filled with an odor of iron, her injury will help me find her faster but there also was a faint scent of rotten milk trailing behind it. It made me angry really angry.

"Son, bring her back home!! Please..."

"I will no matter what!!"

I ran as fast as possible, as a soon to be alpha I'm way faster than regular wolves so I'll be able to catch up with them in no time. You just have to endure it a little bit longer, Jessica.

After some time, the smell of iron reached its peak. She was here, she had to be. I arrived in a small dense wood and her sent was all over the place. However, I couldn't see her anywhere instead there was a pool of blood, her blood.

I looked around me but her scent stopped here and the faint smell of the rogue too. No, no... that can't happen. They knew where she was going and they just waited for her!!! Who, who the hell dare to mess with a Rider; no one and if this person exists; with all my power, I'll make that person disappear-

What was this? I looked around me. A sweet scent of magnolia and amber with a faint smell of orange behind it started to fill my system. I was so focused on the blood that I didn't detect the scent of a third person. That person was not a rogue, with such a scent there was no way, even me, an alpha was disoriented by this scent or rather attracted.

Then I saw it, a shotgun, bathing in her blood and the sweat scent lingering on it. One glance at it and I knew it belonged to the hunters.

I didn't see this coming, hunters and rogues collaborating, there was no way!! They were supposed to hate each other!! Hunters didn't like us but they never tried to annihilate us moreover with the help of rogues.

It didn't make sense; none of this made sense!!