Chapter 16: Why isn't she coming?

Jessica POV

So dark in there.
The last time I felt like that was 4 years ago when I woke up after that long comatose. No wait, did it happen again?

Anyway, what actually happened? All I could remember was that I got knocked out by Theo, my mate.

Well, I need to open those eyes to know what was actually going on.
But why did it feel so good, I mean, it was quite comfortable here with sparks coursing down my whole body.

"Zaphira what's going on?
Zaphira!?"

Why wasn't she answering me!
I needed to wake up right away!

I then forced my eyes to open up but regretted right after as the light and the white ceiling of the room burnt my eyes.

I opened them again slowly knowing that the white ceiling was waiting for me.
My vision was blurred and-

"Call the doctor!! She's waking up!! Can you see me, Jess!?"

The sparks stopped running through myself as a melodic voice started to scream. That person is asking if I could see now, well if he was talking about my lashes I would have said yes.

"Doctor! Why isn't she answering!?"

So impatient, please let me breathe, did he really think that I'd jump off my bed and say "Hey everyone! I'm alright"; what a foolish person he was. He didn't give me any time to recover yet.

"Beta, you should go out, while we check what's going o-"

"Who the hell are you to tell me to leave my mate here with you alone!!"

"Beta, we only want to help her so-"

Oh my, it was him, Theo already became beta, I didn't know, how could I? Now I should get up or that poor doctor would end up... I did not know how but Theo did.

"So what? she- wait she opened her eyes!! Jess can you see me"

Theo ran and asked me that while trying to get a reaction out of me but no sound was coming out of my mouth and I couldn't really see him that well.

"Beta she can't talk right now, so let me do it"

What seemed like Theo backed off and the doctor took his place.

"Listen to me carefully, blink with your left eye to say yes and the right one for no, okay understood?"

I blink my left eye to say yes.

After a couple of minutes, he finished asking me all of his questions then helped me get up on my bed and gave me a glass of water so I could speak without hurting my throat.

"So I'll get going Jessica."

The doctor sais and left the room, to let Theo enter. I couldn't really feel it back then but now I could; the mate bond. I always had a crush on him and now he was my soulmate I couldn't ask for more his light smile was enough for me to forget everything that surrounded us. At the moment, only him mattered.

"Jess!"

He came calmly next to me.

"Theo, it's been a while"

I said in a really awkward way.

He then took me in his arms really delicately and pronounced these words with love and sadness giving me shivers running down my spin:

"I missed you..."

"Me too..."

I answered back while placing my hands around his neck, he then gently placed a kiss on my forehead while tightening the hug. I could stay here forever in his arms, massive arms. Yeah, he did change, he became taller, had a beard that was not really taken care of but what impressed me the most was his muscle. He may be taller than my brother. Wait...

"Where is Jay?"

I asked, I wanted to see my family now that I'm back to the pack.

"Jay he might surely be with the girl we found with you."

He said with a stern voice, why was he like that but I playfully answered back.

"What that bitch is still here what a pain in the ass I thought that I was finally getting rid of her!"

He looked at me concerned. But still answered.

"Don't worry Jay probably ended up killing her enjoying each other company."

Venom laced every words he pronounced. It was weird.

"Why? I thought they would get along."

Really I mean I know them quite well and they would make a perfect match.

"You're funny but It's better to see it like this anyway with all that happened."

I don't really know what was funny but if he said so.

"If you think so."

I answered with a small smile not knowing what he meant.

"Jess can I ask you about those scars-"

I cut him off and answered

"I know she won't ever be able to scar me again."

I can beat her up now, we arrived at a point were the disciple had surpassed the master. I'm quite proud of me. Theo was so uncomfortable during this exchange and I couldn't do anything for him, that was frustrating. So I took his hand in mine and told him that everything's alright.

It has been a while that we both were alone here and nobody came, I'm not complaining because there was my mate but I wanted to see my family.

"Where are the others?"

I asked wanting to know what they could be doing while I was here.

"The people who know that you're here are quite busy preparing something and the others don't know that you are here yet because you needed to rest and if-"

I cut him off because I understand for the pack members but;

"Yeah I understand but why isn't Serah coming?"