Chapter 41: Didn't Tell Her

Serah POV

My eyes opened welcoming the few rogue rays. The night was long and I felt every second of it. Yesterday's meeting left me with so many questions, but one thing was sure, I had to go home.

Luna Jena's restriction made sense but we had to learn from our past mistakes. Your destiny will find you no matter how much you try to hide.

I was done with it taking me off guard, I was ready to face it!

...

As always no one was here, I've learned my lesson once when I bumped into Dina, it won't ever happen.

My sense wasn't as sharp as a wolf but the loud steps from the other side of the door could be heard.

Did I talk too fast? Did she sleep in? All I wanted was to see her face so early in the morning.

The door opened with a force and multiple voices entangled themself in a mighty fuss, created by...
Godly alphas...

"Hey, Luse!"

The energetic greeting was from Erika, I didn't dislike her but I might if she continued to butcher my name.

"It's Serah, my name."

My calm demeanor was only from the outside, all I wanted was to eat yesterday's leftover before anyone else.

As these people didn't understand my need for a tranquil environment, they took some food and darted towards me.

Erika put her tray next to mine while smiling like... As if I was the dumb one.

"LuSe, it's for Luna Serah, kids these days, we have to explain them everything."

She squealed happily with her sidekick that deposed the tray in front of her and right under my nose was Max.

Our eyes met and nothing but awkwardness could describe our silent exchange.

Back to Erika, it felt like I was holding my breath for some reason. Well, I need to put something straight.

"Don't call me Luse, I'm not the Luna here."

I was talking to Erika, but my words made more sense to that huntress.

The air became thick and their joyfulness started to lose some light.
I didn't want their mood to drop down the hill because of me so I hurried to eat my dessert and made a move announcing my leave.

None of them seemed to stop me. Anyway, they owned me nothing, I was only the girl their friend was supposed to see.
It was complicated, I didn't want to drag-

"My tray!"

I was moving away from them, kind of daydreaming in the process and my tray was no longer in my hand. And the culprit was Maxine.

"Sit down, now."

She was the source of our arguments, the source of my insecurities but when she talked to me that way, it was hard to say how I was feeling.
I felt like obeying only for the weird kink I had.

"You're quite the docile one."

Was her voice always that deep. F*ck it was embarrassing. I should have at least fought back for my pride.

"Shut up! You said we needed to talk."

I had no envy to stay between these monsters but now that I was here let's hear her out.

"As I already said, there is no lead. The mission won't keep going. So if you have any valuable information it's now."

Again with that talk. There was nothing I could say my brain was as confused as ever. The information came but it did not make sense. The four of us were dead serious and I tried to use my words carefully to not arise any suspicions.

"I know something but as the information is not verified I can't say anything and even if I said anything it won't make sense."

These damn wolves would know if I lied so honesty was my only ally.

They did seem convinced but the girl in front of me moved forward with her face dangerously close to mine.

Her hands went past the collar of the shirt and her fingers caressed the skin underneath the fabric.

"There is no mark."

"Yet!"

The feminine voice was covered by the one of my mate.
It wasn't the only thing he managed to cover.

An arm hugged me from behind, his muscles against my breasts, and with the other free limb, he pushed her head from me.
His arm on me was not the problem, but I knew he would feel my heart or my arousal.

"I'm gonna rip your head off if you keep pestering her."

My revery was paused as his voice brought me out to this mess of reality.

I was going to stop him and calm him down but her following words snapped me out of my sanity.

"Will you? Won't you have any regrets to see your first love headless?"

Her voice was poison to my every cell, and my body moved on its own accord as if it had another master.

I shot up, and my hand was already on her neck.

"Know your place."

My tone became aggressive and all my senses vowed to make bow any women trying to eye my man.

My sight came back to me and in front of me was an amused Alpha.

"I like it better when women take the lead."

Before I could release her, my hand was torn away by my mate who's smell was particularly endearing, today.

"Get off her case."

I was still shocked by the event, I mean my actions. I knew I was jealous but that was out of control.

"Wow, you got some feisty human right here. Ain't that your type?"

The quiet ones seemed to enjoy the play more than anything.
Her words didn't comfort me at all.
Max was still here and it affected my mate in ways that I had never seen before.

"True, why don't you drop him for me gorgeous?"

My mind wasn't loading anymore. Who was who talking to who?

Before I could process the situation, Jay roared some colorful words to the world.

"Shut up, will you?! Leave my mate out of it!"

What? So she was not into him? And he was aware of all of this too?

"Luse come back to us! Why is your face so blank?"

Alpha Van Forest was trying to bring me back to earth but the shock was too sudden.

"Jay, you didn't tell her that I swing the other way?"

Did I hear correctly? Did I get jealous over a girl who'd rather lay me than my mate?