Chapter 20: B*stard of human

Serah POV

"I-"

"Serah!!"

Jess interrupted us barging into the room. Did she think that she owned the place, probably?

"Later baby girl, we are talking right now."

I didn't appreciate her manners. She should know by now.

"No! it can't wait, talk later."

Jess was panicking, even though it might have been important, it could wait if she was serious about whatever she had to say. I let out a long sigh and turned towards Jay.

Jay wanted to talk back but did Jess let him, I don't think so.

"Jay, you, get out."

He was about to counter-attack but her infamous glare was enough for him to back off. With his head down he got out of my room. Now I turned towards Jess and was going to give her a piece of my mind.

"I was busy and it was important-"

I couldn't finish my sentence, it irritated me even more.

"You were going to reject him!"

How could she know, I meant how could she, the rooms here were soundproof.

"How did-"

"I might have eavesdropped."

She said shyly and guilty.

"But the-"

"I have alpha blood."

What the h*ll was she doing? She had no right if I remembered her words the mate bond was between two people only.

"So what? I wanted to reject him and it doesn't concern you!"

I was mad, I needed to break that bond faster; if not it will be harder for him and might be for me too.

"Please, don't reject him."

The prideful little alpha said 'please' how rare of her.

"Why? Don't want to stay my whole life with that jerk! And weren't you mad at him too?"

Accepting the mate bond was a big NO. Sorry Jessica but I couldn't, someone was waiting for me at home.

"Yeah I know, he's the stupidest person alive sometimes but also a lovely and caring-"

"Brother? He was a caring brother but it doesn't mean he'll be the same with me! If you heard him in that cell with me you wouldn't say that!"

She didn't know anything, what he said still hurt.

"I'm sorry sis, but give it some time before doing anything reckless. You might not know but he waited for you his whole life and the last four years might have been torture for him. I'm not defending him because he's my brother, heu... maybe a little but if the moon goddess decided to put you two together it must have a good reason. Didn't you wanted a mate too?"

All she said was right but was it worth it. I always wanted a mate since I heard about the concept but my human condition wouldn't allow that. Did the moon goddess heard my prayers and send me a gift?

"I won't reject him, yet."

Her eyes widened at my announcement and threw herself on me.

"Really!! For real!! Let's just get rid of the 'yet'."

Her happiness was contagious; my scowl slowly transformed into a thin smile even though I was still mad at her.

"You're asking for too much now."