Chapter 83 (Part 2): Ridiculous

Serah POV

"To this day the only thing I would hold you accountable for was you not even listening to me because of Dina and the slap, I believe, I did not deserve."

I felt the bitter taste of the coffee traveling down my throat and it didn't feel as good as it used to.

The guilty face could have been avoided but I was not that much of a smart person.

...

His head dropped to the desk, never ever letting his gaze roam back to our conversation. My stomach was churning to his negativity, turning all the delicacies into some acerbic dish.

I wanted to know all for once, what was their relationship?

Before I could utter any words, Jenna forced the link making me unable to block her from my mind.

'Serah! I need to see you now.'

Her request was unreasonable!! It wasn't even six in the morning.

'Jenna it's too early why would you invite yourself like this'

I was more than irritated, we were finally exploring topics that could put a bit of ease in our bond and here she was, at 5 or something.

'Serah, you should be awake for a while now, and Kamil told me there wasn't any training so come to me now. Where are you by the way? There was no one in your room and I didn't see you get out of the mansion this morning?'

God, was I busted?

Jenna was stubborn, a trait that our dear little Jess inherited. If I were to speak with her I'd lose every argument with the overload of sentences she'd shot me with.

I'd rather wave my white flag and put some relief to my mind.

'Jenna I'm with Jay. Do you think I could spend some time with him first?'

Radio silence in our link. A frequency our female alpha was not used to. We had been reconnected and I felt her disbelief.

Her voice glitching slightly but she didn't spare me that much.

'You have fifteen minutes.'

My pupils regained their focus and Jay's worried face interrogated me.

"Who was it?"

He mouthed before taking a sip of his cup. My view was entertained by the slow motion his tongue made to wipe the caffein stain off his lips. My memory was good to compare all the good deeds he was capable of with that swift movement.

My gaze fell down to his throat that he was actively clearing, giving me the opportunity to come back to his voice.

"You -Your mom, she wants to see me, like right now."

My stutter was masked by the cup colliding on its desk. The air shifted into a heaviness I could not decipher.

Was it the sexual tension, the guilt and anxiety filled person or the awkwardness, I couldn't tell.

"We'll talk later then, I mean Dina-"

It was unbearable to feel his remorse through my veins, I had it stuck like a lump but I needed him to cheer up a bit.

Seeing him miserable wasn't even half satisfying.

I pushed my ass off the chair opting for his lap.

My legs parted to straddle him, my chest against his, my lips on his neck. Each of his heartbeat pounded hard on my ribcage. His hands cupped my ass to have me closer to him, as if there was any space between our bodies.

His murmurs caressed the crook of my neck.

"I don't want to lose you, not again."

The infected his voice, and his heat was trembling against my own. I wanted to reassure him but I couldn't blindly adhere to his pleading because he showed the other side. A cold hearted side on which mate was simply a word and not the red thread of fate.

"It's up to you. I'm giving you myself and you have your entire life to redeem for your past mistake."

The well known heat traveled both our skins, to a sinful region before it could get even more hot, I pushed him away.

At least, I tried.

His hands groped me harder making me grind on his groin, our mouths inches away from each other and he didn't kiss me.

"You have me to yourself until death takes me away, until then take me as your servant whose sole purpose is to worship your soul and those lips."

He clashed his speech, on my awaiting mouth. Now, engaged in a dance full of promises and thorns.

I did believe him but I couldn't believe my fate yet, for this instance, I was lost as his tongue kept on dragging my stay here.

With more willpower, I pushed him away again.

Out of breath, his stormy eyes piercing my thoughts, all I wanted was to resume but something more important had to be tended.

"Since we have forever, I'll give your mom some of my time."

As I smiled his lips curved to imitate me, not without leaving his feather-like touches all over my face.

It was at these moments I'd realize how mates could affect each other, his arms were right where I needed to be and his whole being was carved to fit me.

...

I was about to knock on her study but the door flew open and my arm was pulled inside.

The wooden furniture banged behind my back and without even looking at my face, she brought me back to her usual translucid low table.

The gliss was reflecting the clearing sky tainting the room in a vibrant orange.

The wood inside harmonized with the waking sun but Jenna's mood kept on becoming darker.

We sat thigh to thigh but I was feeling cold next to her.

Her pupils were dilated and the blue nearly existed alongside her growing worry.

Her palm covered my hand and her freezing fingers intertwined with mine.

"Serah. I know I should have told you but it wasn't the time."

Her voice was shaking and my eyes started to tremble.

"What do you mean?"

She moved away and went to her walls covered in books. In one specific shelf, she took a book and with her stumbling dexterity, a handful of envelopes fell to the floor.

My legs were ready to help her out but she crouched to take care of the scattered mess.

She came back next to me and asked me the most ridiculous of requests:

"I need you to stay away from Jayson."

What the hell was happening here. For once I thought there wouldn't be any more drama.

...

Hi guys!! Thank you so much for following, I realized that I didn't post this friday so I'll try to post tomorrow as well as this chapter was quite short too.

Anyway, thank you so much.

Love you all.