Chapter 36: He was gone

Serah POV

"My crush? Come on! it was so long ago!"

I made myself out of his grip and I crossed my arms thinking about her, Max was it.

"So long ago but you were so excited to see her today!"

I might be petty but I wasn't going to be intimate with a guy who hours ago was all over his first crush.

"Serah, she's like my best buddy, a guy almost-"

Jay wasn't making any sense here.

"A guy on whom you had a f*cking crush on?!"

I won't buy any of his sh*t, I knew I was destroying the mood but we needed to be clear about this girl to go further on.

"Hey! Look over here, it was a one-sided crush on my part, nothing happened and nothing will ever happen."

My *ss nothing will ever happen! I couldn't look at him, I wanted to stay mad and his body would be too distracting and I won't disclose this information. But right now I wanted answers and I was ready to dive into his eyes.

"So tell me, what were you doing just the two of you back then?"

I remember his expression and he never showed me this side of him. And yes I was jealous.

"I can't-"

I cut him right off the bat because anything that he'll say after 'I can't' would infuriate me.

"So, I don't want to hear any of this!"

I turned away making my way to the packhouse. If he couldn't at least tell me about earlier I can't trust him.

"Did I ever ask about your first love?!"

I turned back as he mentioned Kevin in a situation he shouldn't have.

"Did I ever ask about Dina?"

If he was playing this game, he'll be served.

"What's the relation with Max?!"

He was dumbfounded and started to become restless.

"The same relation it has with my first love!"

I turned my heels once again because that guy over there wouldn't give me answers.

"Serah, can you please, explain to me why you are mad right now?"

His plea was genuine and he was hella mad, he didn't know but I wasn't a fool. If he wanted an explanation I'll give them but don't expect me to calm down.

"Okay, so would you tell me, how would you react if my first love came in after so long and we started to show off our memories even those-"

His midnight black eyes were right in front of my face. He tilted my head up with his fingers stopping my speech.

"I wouldn't f*cking care because we're not a thing, we are nothing."

He let go of me. I stared back at him realizing every word he spoke. 'We are nothing'. I saw him back away letting me a bit of space but our gaze never broke.

Regret flashed and if it had a color it would be dark blue. I didn't like seeing him in that state but his words were still echoing in my head.

Who was I kidding?

I was always the one putting the limits so hearing him say so was hard.

"Listen-"

I knew he regretted but these were his raw thoughts.