Chapter 96: Run

Serah POV

"So this is the reason why I asked you to shift here, because you feel a certain proximity with the deity that you cannot feel in the mortal realms. And if you tried to shift in a healthy and beautiful place, you'd want to stay there forever.

Nature is kind and beautiful but they have this wicked side that they'd find a way to bribe you into staying into half shift, until you forget where you really belong."

...

My heart felt heavy, unsettled by his words and the plea of these unknown voices. My head was full of a language I couldn't understand but they managed to share their distress now turned into mine.

I brought my fingers to my hair trying to dig out the headache slowly moving in.

"I can promise you, I'm too ugly in lycan form to purposely stay in that state, and I'm not even talking about the small hammers poking the nerves in my skull."

My palm slided down to my face and I could feel the redness from the touch. My vision blurred, unfocused and came back to normal but the glitching wasn't helping the situation right now.

That lazy ass that I had as uncle, simply observed my reactions to the transformation. I didn't like having my body covered with fur, it wasn't even cute.

The worst was that my skin was too light compared to my dark brown hairs, at least it brought my eyes out.

"Just turn back to human now if it's taking a toll on your body."

"If I knew how to, it wouldn't take that long."

I snapped back.

The man wasn't helpful and his snarky remarks were not well received.

As my colourful words were ready to be spat out, his gentle touch nestled into my hand and somehow, our breathing synchronized, our heart tuned on the same beat.

My anxious brows stopped wrinkling the skin of my face and my hand was less humid.

My lashes fluttered open, meeting his achromatic eyes. The blue dimmed by the green reflects of the forest and the brown was enhanced by the gold rays trying to break into our space.

"You need to learn how to do it alone."

The magnificent charm was broken making this fantasy-like filter shatter to the ground. I dropped his hands as they swung back to his frame and swung mine to my eyelids.

I left myself into the darkness but vision started to run free in my brain.

The hope of a better atmosphere, some air, something to breathe...

It was all they asked for.

The flora on its knees in front of this suffocating pressure. Why was this piece of land on the verge of dying when meters away everything breathed fine.

I couldn't tell.

I looked back at my uncle, and he had that stupid grin on his face.

"Don't bother, sometimes, it's nobody's fault if the leaves are too thick to let the sun bless the area or if the goddess decided to let them perish.

Life is a cycle and you only die to be reborn."

I was astonished by his wise words placed correctly. I was about to tease him but he clearly reminded me that he wasn't only my dear and lovely uncle but a sage looked up by a bunch of half human creatures.

And now, I was his disciple so I should respect him just a little bit.

My lips started to part but the voice in my head stopped my words.

"Serah, are you still with your uncle?"

The voice of my mate invaded my state making all the composure I gathered crumble like a wilted flower.

"Why?"

"I'm coming to get you now."

Before I could express my disagreement, he cut off the line now unreachable.

"So he's already on the way?"

His question surprised me. I was sure he had the passwords to infiltrate the flow of my thoughts. He always hit the bullseye.

"And how would you know?"

He smirked but seeing my worried expression he sighed and explained.

"He asked me first, and I told him that you were going to stay with me but he still went and asked you."

The man did explain well but now that the high of the transformation went down I remarked the subtil change of his physical appearance.

His hair was still long enough to reach his shoulder, his nails a tad bit long and the most shocking was the hairs on his arms.

They were extremely visible.

I looked back on myself to see if there were any damaged goods and I almost let out a cry of despair.

"Why do I have hair on my chest?"

I screamed-whispered. Still in shock with my new bodily appearance. That fool! If I knew the consequences I would have never tried to awaken whatever supower I had in store.

Like how do I even get rid of it? How would that work?

My uncle saw me, pulling my hundred kilograms of hair out of frustration and all he could do was laugh lightly as if it wasn't the end of the world.

"Just wax it or leave it as it is, it becomes a hassle to get rid of it every time you shift."

The man was unbothered by my worries and talking about worries. His scent hit like a truck. My eyes went right and left and his figure was now visible, like the prominent hairs on my body.

I quickly moved up my tank, and tried to find comfort towards my uncle but he was focused on the few grass stalks that were healthy looking.

Sweat installed on my palm, the nape of my neck and soon to my eyes.

There was no way he'd see me looking like that.

"Why do you look like that?"

His words didn't know how to reassure me. My voice forgotten in my panic, Eos answered.

"Leave her be, just taught her some cool moves but we accelerate the growing rate of our hair, nothing more."

The men discussed without even glancing at me but Eos words rang in my head makin gmy turmoil even more complex.

"Run."

...

Thank you all for reading this story, this means so much to me. Guys don't hesitate to comment beacause I can see you reading but I have no information on you!!

Anyway love you all!!