Chapter 7: Reds

Unknown POV

The sound of red wine pouring into my crystal glass. The scent of red roses thoroughly arranged in that vase, an onyx one engraved  with motifs of dead leaves and flowers. Lastly, the taste of the red meat carefully placed in my silver plate.

My senses were completely in harmony with my environment. Inner peace, that was how I was feeling right now. Only the few rays who got past the main wooden door and the shutter of the glazed roof. They were lighting this night like room. Couldn't be better. All I needed was the red all around me, glowing in this darkness. Red: my favorite color.

And-

The heavy door opened suddenly revealing... Well, one of the slaves I kept with me.

"Sir, I-"

I soundly put down my silver fork on my plate to share with him my displeasure.

"How dare you? Tell me. How dare you interrupt my meal?"

My slow and low voice got him on his knees as he looked down. He was well trained.

"Please, Forgive me, Sir. But it's... It's urgent."

His shaky voice was begging for my attention and my mercy. Well, he should.

"Did you mask your sent before coming here?"

"Yes Sir"

"Then go on."

"We couldn't get her."

For the first time, my eyes left my plate. Was it so hard to abduct a new shifter?!

"That pack was powerful, but you should have done better! Today was our only chance while she was still weak. How did it happen?"

"She was at my mercy but..."

"But?"

"Hunters, hunters happen. They came out of nowhere and started shooting."

"So?"

"So... I backed away when I felt the silver bullet. "

Now it was interesting. Some new factor added to the equation, guess I didn't take everything in count.

"So you got shot?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Come closer"

I commanded, shouldn't I at least know who shot on my property. He nodded and got closer. He was struggling to make any single move. Well, Should I dispose of this one? He doesn't seem as useful as before.

When he arrived near me, I looked at his injury and searched for the bullet. He started shouting by the pain inflicted by my not so delicate fingers inside his shoulder. Finally found it. He whined because of the pain but I really had better things to do than care for him at the moment.

"Red Crown. This bullet belongs to them. New-Zealand royal family hunters."

"Why were they in America?"

He asked still holding into his injury but I just scoffed.

"No, they are not. They are royals, it shouldn't be forgotten. They won't get involved with mere werewolves."

He looked at me quite confused. However, I was starting to understand.

"Are you sure that it was <<they>>? Are you sure that they were hunters."

"Hunters don't-"

I know that hunters never hunt alone. They wouldn't make it alive.

"So you didn't even check!!!"

He bowed down and nodded.

"Someone just picked it up, and you let the girl go because you got scared!!"

On the spur of the moment, his head got pulled away from his body. My wolf and I got quite angry because of his carelessness. My leather gloves were now ruined. It's okay anyway; having some blood in my hand doesn't bother me that much.

Blood, the only thing that was missing today. Now my reds are complete.