Chapter 98: The answers are ahead

Serah POV

Day before the party -

...

"How come I never knew, this place existed?"

"Because, there are enough clothes in the pack for our fashion sense."

Obviously, why would we need to spend money when the pack had enough clothes for at least a full decade and for everyone of us.

Truthfully, I could understand why it wouldn't be enough, seeing all the shredded fabric all over the territory border and watching the patrol team pick the trash while on duty, it was quite a sight.

At least their run would have been productive.

That again only if they were still in human form.

Thankfully, the former alpha and luna knew how big of an issue it was and a collect was organised at least once a week.

To conclude, there was way more than enough fabric in Red Crescent but here we were in these five stories mall with escalators all over the place.

I walked on these soundless tiles as the whole place was buried under the visitors' whispers.

At the end of the first hall, the wall curved left leaving us no other choice but to indeed turn left.

However my dear girl had another idea, she tugged on my arm and led me right ahead in that multiple floor shop.

It was written all over the wall, W18.

"W18."

I articulated to myself.

But I was corrected right away.

"White-one-eight. That is THE boutique for the young wolves of Red Crescent. If the mating ball is more of an unofficial alliance ceremony between the bordering packs. The red night is a secret ceremony of Red Crescent."

My eyes slightly widened with curiosity.

"It's to honor the legend of the Red Maiden."

Her blues mischievously narrowed, teasing me, not telling me the whole story.

Whatever, I got pulled inside the giant doors of that shop.

Mannequins, everywhere, jeans, shirts, tops...

Well, a clothing store at its excellence.

One thing got my eye though.

Everything was white, the fabrics, the walls... Only the people flowing inside were tainting the pure atmosphere of the store.

My eyes were everywhere and nowhere at the same time. All the information was overwhelming.

Even though I could control my new gained ability, the simple fact that I needed to find one perfect outfit when all of these were displayed in front me was brain wrecking.

Jess on the other hand, knew exactly where to go, what to look for. I followed like a cute sheep behind her wagging tail.

Her ears were almost out with how excited she was.

A middle aged lady came to view and Jess politely saluted the madame.

The wrinkles around her eyes were modest, not like the dark red painting her thin lips. Her gaze was sharp and somehow freezing.

"Beta Jessica, Luna Serah, please follow me."

Surprise played on my face. The cold woman called us with the respective titles but it had been a while that I was destitute of my rightful claim as the luna. The pack mates decided that I was incapable of assuming the role since the Dina incident.