Chapter 59: Not alone

Jayson POV

"Oops you didn't know, mom needed her somewhere without you so she let her go. She could have helped you two but she knew what was the best for her."

She flashed her evil smirk and banged the door. As she came as she left.

...
I needed to be alone, space, I want to be alone, space, I needed space. No one stepped forward to help her because they had their own reason I thought that I was making the best decision, and that it was backed up by the higher hierarchy but I might have just fell into their trap. I had what they want to but I lost my mate.

Again, I lost her, she knew, she knew I was making the wrong decision she didn't let go of me I did and I couldn't blame her if she didn't want to come back. Despite the mess I made, what she did was still not forgivable, whoever the pack mate, whoever it was, it was not an answer.

The thought of her slipping through my hand was unbearable, and Volker hart red towards me was well justified.
Was I qualified to be the alpha? Was I qualified to have a mate? Did I fail everyone again?

Tonight the only consolation I'd have was this bright nigh sky under which we both exist.

...

Rest did not knock on my door yesterday, my eye-bags were the witness of my turmoil.
Who should I see first today, my parents ? my beta? I own him some apologies. Or Dina.

I didn't want to have an headache early in the morning so I went with Dina as all our interactions were mostly civil.

The wooden floor was crying to my weight, cracking every now and then in the sore silence of my room. I entered the water room, face to the mirror, looking at my shameful self. The exterior was reflecting the inside an awful chaos.
How long has it been since I shaved? To long as we could see with all the stubbles. Fresh water hit the wreck, cleaning the remaining of myself.

I lashed my door room behind, flushing away the last bit of my thoughts. My legs directing themselves towards the nursery section, towards Dina. My mind, though, was still confused about the discourse I should deliver, I still have a few minutes to think about it.

I arrived way earlier than I hoped. I caught a glimpse of her, and her eyes met mine instantly. I mind linked her to come and see me as soon as possible. She nodded not cutting the conversation she had with her patient. I didn't have to wait long for her to abuse the cold floor with her heels.

With a charming smile she welcomed me.

"What can I do for you?"

The green of her eyes shone with excitement but I had to brutally erase that bright face of hers.

"Jess told me for Serah."

Her face distorted in agony portraying fear itself. She'd been slurring on her words and I mentally sighed. Serah had justifiable reasons but I didn't try to know more.
However, the mistake was done on my part and didn't have the heart to fight Dina.

"I'm not here for that anyway."

She seemed relieved but her peaceful face was unbearable to watch, it was unfair.

"I came here to tell you that we no longer have anything to do with each other."

"No way, promised-"

I moved her grip away from my arm as both Volker and I felt nauseas with her acts.

"I did promise but you crossed the line and this time I won't side with you."

The rain of tears she was showcasing was not moving, at least not anymore as my heart was full of someone else.

"Then what about me?! Will you leave me alone, mateless forever!"

My hand shook in anger but I had to suppress the ill feeling rising as I was at fault. As I stole her chance at happiness.

"Dina, we talked, I will take care of you, your future family but you didn't respect my boundaries. You didn't respect my mate."

"What future family Jay? You killed my mate and you promised to repent for the rest of your life. But that mate of yours showed up and I was ready to let you go but how could I when I realised she wasn't one of us."

"She is."

"Whatever creature she is, she is not one of us."

Whoever I was talking to, I felt like total crap and pathetic. Whatever decision I made, it felt like I was failing everyone. I turned around not looking back still hearing the blood tears she was shedding.

"You still have your debt."

I looked back one last time.

"It was cleared the moment you drove her away."

Dina, this time for real, we were done.

...

One less problem to think about. Now, I had to see my parents. I mind-linked them to find me in my office. I hadn't done any paperwork yet but when I started I felt them making their way towards me.

They both came in not announced and made their self comfortable without sparing me a glance.

They sat on the sofa not saying a word. I moved the chair away from my desk and I made my way opposite of them. I went right in front my parents making the first contact.

We looked at each other but not as sound came out of anyone's mouth. I couldn't tolerate this heavy atmosphere anymore and asked them directly.

"So you guys used me?"

They didn't react. Dad didn't seemed concerned but mum looked like she was holding the rains.

"So your goal was above our relationship, above the mate bond?"

I might have struck a nerve as mum started to talk.

"Son, she was yours to protect and you didn't so I sent her away somewhere safer."

"She was safe by my side!"

"Jayson! Look at you! What have you done?! If you keep acting like-"

Surprisingly dad cut mum off, and looked at me with a soft gaze.

"Jayson, you're not alone, to rule this pack nor to support you. You need to ask for help, you should have leaned more on your mate when you were not alone. But now you drove her away, a few centimetres away from a burn out."

...

Thank you for following guys!!! Love you so much!