Chapter 80: A salmon sandwich

Serah POV

"Drop your head."

And his attack flew above as I squatted. Still on the ground, I spun my body with both hands holding the grass to lounge my ground kick.

How surprising? He doged it. But not without losing a bit of his balance. That was my cue, I threw my hands at him as if he was my punching ball, however none landed on his face.

He might be agile, but I had the initiative. All I needed to do was to corner him and create that opportunity to beat him.

My punches were sharp and strong, at least enough to direct him towards the muddy area. Oblivious, he retreated exactly where I wanted. We were seconds before his fall and I felt my teeth sink on the dirt.

The head on my shoulder was playing with the stars turning around it and my consciousness would have left to outer space if only it wasn't for the anger that coursed through my bloodied nose.

The laughs were the last bit of strength I needed to prop myself up.

"Is it funny?"

I spat with the remaining of that iron taste from my gums.

"You taught us that life was unfair, so train with that in mind."

I looked at both men, smirks plastered on their faces.

"It was a one vs one, and even if it was a two vs one coming from behind is low."

"Exactly like the enemy. Serah, rogues are even worse so get used to it."

Kamil was right but I kept losing to him the whole week. My body was sore and mentally I wasn't at my best either so losing when I was seconds away from winning, felt illegal.

Petty as I was, the head guard was still standing before the uneven ground.

If I pushed him he'd fall and my ego could heal from these seven days of humiliation.

As I calmly prepared my stance, my uncle carried me out of the blue.

"Serah, the combat is done, you lost. Don't try to do any more damage."

The world upside down, I sighed in defeat. It wasn't the time to dwell on my powerless situation.

Training was my only solution.

...

"Ouch!!"

I cried out.

The alcohol coated the tissue of my forehead, bringing back my painful experience.

"Sorry."

She wasn't. Again she put the liquid without delicacy on my chin.

"Why do I need this already? I have super powers now, cannot it heal on its own. Ouch, careful please."

Jess moved the torture instruments away from my suffering skin and the landscape cleared into a smiley girl whose enthusiasm lit up the room.

"I don't know, I forgot."

God, that airhead, did I go through her doctor patient play for nothing but for her to enjoy my state of distress.

It was only 7 a.m and I could predict an awfully long and tireful day.

"Geez, why did I follow you?."

"It was either me or the pack doctor, aka Dina."

That was the reason. The pack hospital or my clumsy little alpha. To be honest, the sight of that girl made my inside churn in a horrible way. The need to have her six feet deep was present in my blood.