Chapter 84: Only ally

Serah POV

"I need you to stay away from Jayson."

What was happening? Did I enter a cliche drama in which the female lead had to suffer the whims of her mother in law.

Actually, a romantic comedy with a bit of spice and drama was much more attractive than the reality in which I was.

Jenna was sweating, her complexion was pale and her collar bone was more visible than usual.

Her stature screamed for help and the kind heart that she was would never deprive one being of its mate.

If her words matched her will, then I could only wait in worry.

"Would you mind telling me why?"

From the pile of envelopes, she took out a few letters, well written.

The black ink was tainting the back of the paper even if I couldn't read, I could tell that someone put some effort in writing them.

She handed me the papers.

I took the items from her trembling fingers before focusing on the short sentences.

'How close are they?'

The first sheet said.

I put it at the end to read the next lines.

'Report me every interaction they have. Get rid of all the nuisances getting in their way, do oblige yourself to get your hands dirty if needed.'

I continued and turned to the next page, impatient to see where these orders were going.

'Do not communicate with me unless they mark each other.'

Now it was clear, all our moves were monitored and the privacy we thought we had was nonexistent. If I was frightened by these words, the last statement chilled my bones.

'Now, you can kill her.'

The four sheets were taken away from my glued focus but I could still see the words in black ink.

The last sentence was a blast to reality. I was indeed playing a dramatic comedy but the more the story advanced, the more it became darker.

People did want to see me but the question was why would they wait to kill me?

"Serah, do you understand? I want you away from Jay, I don't know who these people are but they want you dead and for some reason they are waiting for you to bond with your mate before striking."

I had hundreds of questions coursing through my veins but my tongue was tied as knowing half of the mysteries wouldn't do any good to my mental health.

But something was off.

Her hands held the hem of my long sleeves with apprehension and fear. I took her hands to lessen her worries but my inquiry would affect her in the wrong ways.

"But how did you get these papers and since when did you get them?"

She sighed knowing that she had no other choice but to reveal why she didn't share this crucial information.

Her eyebrows were up like a harmless puppy but I stayed still, waiting for an explanation.

"Before you went to Ice Moon, we saw some suspicious movement in the underground, I couldn't tell Jay neither my mate because it was top secret. Kamil asked some help from a kid, do you remember Edmond, the seer who got brutally killed on our territory, his grand daughter is a warlock.