Chapter 23: The best of the worst

Recap (Jayson POV):

She took the rubber band out of her wrist and then took her waist-lengthed brown hair to make a ponytail. Whatever she'd do, she'll always be stunning. Exposing her bare neck was a bad idea; the need to mark her was reinforced.

"I'm still rejecting you; I'm only doing this for him."

With that, she went out without even turning back.

***

Serah POV

I got out of Jay's room as he got back his body because I might be friends with his wolf but I wasn't willing to have any interaction with him. I was so angry that he fooled me earlier that now, I lost focus and I was lost. This wasn't even the packhouse, it was only the Rider mansion.

Yesterday, when I came here carrying him, I almost dropped him as their place was majestuous. The garden that surrounded the house was so exotic, it was the first time that I saw this kind of greenary; it seemed like a well kept miniature jungle. It was beautiful, no other words apart: marvelous, splendid, stunning... I should stop here the list was way too long.

My grip on his body tightened because the dwelling was beating all the words I said earlier. It was a greek palace, the whole seemed like a rectangular parallelepiped, more like a sophisticated parallelepiped with its pillars and the front stairs that was meant to welcome a god.

However, it welcomed me, with an unconscious alpha in my arms, yeah I was carrying him like a princess, it was the easiest. I was appreciating the view a few more seconds but decided to get rid of him. I thought my job finished at that task but Jessica and her mother were worried that Volker would come out when he'll wake up so they begged me to stay with him for the night.

Well, that was how I ended up sleeping with a guy I completely detested and got lost in this ancient Greece construction. The halls looked the same, the floor too even the paintings that were hanging on the walls seemed to be alike. But it was not the worst, the worst was I only now saw the back of a person at the end of the corridor.

I couldn't distinguish who it was. Hence, I called out that person and he might help me out.

"Hey!"

I didn't have to call him twice, he directly turned around. Oh, it was Theo. The look on his face portrayed, the awkward atmosphere that raised. I didn't know if I should ask him for help or just go the other way. He didn't even have to answer me, it wouldn't be polite but it wouldn't be awkward and this situation was killing me so I talked first.

"Sorry to bother you but can you show me the way out?"

That was it, I asked him and he quietly murmured a yes and walked towards the exit.

I was beside him for only a minute but the silence was sickening. I usually enjoyed silence but it was different now. We had history, a very painful one for me, and he's like my brother in low too.

"I'm sorry."

He broke the glass and the trail of my thoughts. However, it wasn't any better.

"Not your fault, it was your alpha's."

I didn't want to let him hanging so I answered even if I absolutely didn't want to.

"He wasn't-"

He started again and I knew what he was going to tell me, I meant everybody was defending him and it was annoying.

"Stop it, it's weird to interact. Let's just tolerate each other for Jess."

My answer summed up my mood, and it was actually really bad.