Chapter 44: Ice Moon

Serah Pov 

God, I had to get ready and I had no idea what to wear. That guy didn't have the courtesy to tell me where we were going in the end.

Should I put on a nice dress or should it be casual? I'll end up losing all my hair if I kept ruminating.

The door of my room was wide open without a warning announcing our dear alpha female.

"Serah, what are doing?! You're messing up the closet."

Complains as fast as she arrived. Couldn't she be more lenient on me, at least for tonight?

"I may have a date, like right now."

She didn't believe a word I said as she stood her ground with her mouth wide open. I didn't want to give her more details because when she'll get hold of herself she'll bombard me with questions on her own.

I should have kept my thoughts with myself because it seemed like I could predict the future.

"What! When did it happen?! How could you hide it from me?!!"

She was outraged by the news, well, more by the fact that I didn't tell her right away.

"Well it happened now I don't know what to wear so help me will you?"

I didn't turn towards her I was too focused on getting the right outfit for our first date. She came in closer and looked inside the closet, it wasn't a walk in but it was still vast in its way.

"Why don't you try that tight dress?"

The reason wear already pronounced. My eyes said no way and she kept going through the clothes.

"What about  this high-waisted short and that crop top?!"

Her choice was not bad but I was scared to get cold. When I tried to say no, she already took them out and put them over my frame.

"I think, it will do!"

She was unbelievable, sometimes, she forgot that I was not a wolf.

"Jess, if the date drags on, I might get cold."

She wasn't listening, what was the use of that high-tech-like sense.

"Don't worry, he'll bring something. All you need to do is to look pretty! Or he might warm you up with-"

I knew where it was going. But sadly I had the upper hand on this matter. 

"Jess, we won't have sex in the forest, that's your kink."

She was crimson red, was it shame that I smelt, yeah surely. The mating ball helped our two betas to get to know each other more profoundly.

"Shut up!!" 

There were only laughs between us, it felt like the beginning of a new chapter.

I took a shower, Jess made my hair, as always plucking half of them in the process, and then dressed up.

I looked cute and it was weird because it wasn't the image I wanted to reflect. I was smart, gorgeous, and powerful. Might be a bit egocentric, but not that much.

I was ready, and ahead of time, it was a first.

I tried to look around for a pair of shoes but my mind went blank. I saw Jess getting closer, her mouth moved in ways to form sentences but I wasn't hearing it.

A throbbing ache took hold of my body, I darted out without looking back. Jess was behind but I jumped over the first window I found.

The smell was nauseous, but I had to get there, something was wrong. I was bare feet but I felt like they didn't touch the ground. If it wasn't for the gentle touch of the grass I'd have bet that I was levitating.

Blood, it was blood that put me on alert.

The landscape was blurry, the sun didn't set yet but it will, soon. The whole air changed the chilling sensation I felt wasn't caused by the wind but a sickening intuition.

At these times, I was never wrong.

The scene in front of me was horrifying. If my body didn't stop reacting from the beginning then I would have pucked all my guts. Not literally like the guy in front of me, but I would have.

The familiar figure stood next to its victim, knowing well it effect on me.

"Edmond, it's her right!"

His wicked voice made the small hairs on my back stand. The half-man was covered in blood, his left side was see-through, the white of the bones made a distinct contrast with the spilling organs.

I didn't know where he found the force to lift his head, our eyes crossed and the aching started again.

I couldn't control my knees that were already on the soil, my hands compressing my head to make the pain disappear but there was nothing to do.

My eyelids relaxed the tension and my eyes were wide open.

The words were distinct and I knew instantly that it was this man's voice that echoed in my head.

"Die..."

I looked at him before his carcass hit the green carpet. The sound was too much and my last collation was decorating the floor and his laugh came in the background.

I was alone with a man whose objective was to either kill me or abduct me. I was in no state to stop him. My eyes were lodging excessive tears and the pain in my head wasn't planning to move.

The smell was overbearing, I cough the dirty air I inhaled to subside the impression of suffocation.

The graphic image imprinted in my memory wasn't helping either.

I had to get out of here if I didn't want to turn into dead meat.

The predator seemed to have sensed its prey trying to escape and was already a few centimeters away.

"Don't be scared, I only came to check something."

He crouched, not bothered by the smell, and moved my head so our eyes could meet.

"You see, this man lied to me for years, so he had to die."

He took out and a handkerchief out of pocket underneath his dark cloak. He wiped my mouth making sure that his gloves didn't get stained.

"Look at you, I hate these types of mess."

He folded the fabric with delicacy and put it somewhere dry.

My brain was not functioning, what happened? What was happening? Why was it here in the first place?

"Can't you feel, everything you suppressed is coming out, it'll not be pleasant for a while but once you learn to control it, you'll feel better."

I had questions for this man, but my voice didn't cooperate with me. The scene was horrific but I had seen worse so why was I paralyzed.

It might be the overbearing smell or the aching in my head.

It didn't matter. I was weak.

"Let's go child, you need some explanation."

At this point, I was ready to follow. I needed answers and I had no strength to refuse him.

My eyes closed for a second but a ravishing smell boosted my cells.

"Serah!!"

The shouting voice didn't belong to my other half but Kamil. He wasn't Jayson but I felt safe.

My answers could wait, I had to get out of here.

I was fighting with my senses to follow the action on live but I couldn't understand the puzzled look on the enemy's face.

"Ice Moon..."

He muttered two words before disappearing.