Chapter 22 (Part 1): After twenty years

Unknown POV

It was happening. When she told me that my daughter would be entangled with this world I didn't believe her but now, everything started to take place.

Fate, something we cannot escape; I wish I wasn't that stubborn, I should have listened to her and should have let her tell my kid everything about them before she died. I had to go there now because nobody but them could help her, she had to be prepared if the prophecy was true.

My plane finally landed at the Dunedin airport After all the check-ups, I got on the boat that I had already rented back home and made my way to the Stewart Island. I eventually started to get sick after all those hours on transport, the vibration emitted by the motor wasn't helping either nor the fishy smell of the ocean.

After a few hours, I could finally see some land on the horizon, I was so happy that I let myself fall from exhaustion but quickly got on my feet, it was the last stretch and I couldn't give up now. I was now, only a few meters away from the beach coast, the boat was struggling to move as it brushed the white sand, there was no harbor to tie up my boat so I cast my anchor knowing it would be enough.

I jumped off the vehicle falling down on my feet, I then took my backpack making sure everything was well packed. I should have worn a short, now my heavy wet trousers were making my way to the shore impossible.

After a few long minutes, my shoes were finally hitting the white sand. I thought that the hardest part of the journey just passed but no; I knew it was yet to come when two enormous shirtless men who were at least 6.5 ft tall were making a human wall with their muscle. They didn't want me to go any further I thought.

"Who are you? And what are you doing on our land?"

The one on the right asked with his intimidating voice but I didn't budge and answered with confidence:

"Silverknight, Iris Silverknight. I'm here to see Eos."

They were at first confused but a look into my eyes was enough for them to bow down.

"Please excuse our rudeness Lady Iris, we'll lead the way."

The other one on the left answered this time, they must be brothers, they have the same dark brown eyes and hair. Those kids might have the same age as my daughter, they would surely get along too.

...

Finally, I entered the castle after a long walk. It didn't change that much, the same beige marble floor, the same paintings on the wall, the same chandeliers hanging above our heads but now, there was a giant mirror at the end of the corridor, wait it was a door. I realized when one of those men opened it.I knew what was behind those doors, the royals throne room.The same as last time.The beige was replaced by a pale blue, almost gray as I entered the hall and the ceiling was painted with the utmost care, as if it wasn't enough, the wall on my right was decorated by antic sculptures and on my left, the high windows had theirs on silk curtains.But the best was now in front of me, an almighty queen seated on her golden throne with her crown on her head.

Her eyes held arrogance and playfulness.The boys bowed down and started talking.

"Our majesty, Lady Iris came on our land and had a request."

The other one continued.

"So we brought her to you, majesty."

Her eyes were on the boys and then shifted to me. She had a lot to say but-

"Wise decision, Scott, Trevor. However, Lady Iris Silverknight; what are you doing on our territory without consent?"

That wrench, she will not make it easy on me.

"Dear Lady Ritha Callidora, I-"

She interrupted me to just add up:

"I'm Theron V, fifth in name and I'd like you, Lady Iris, to call me by my title."

She was really doing it, I sighed and let her be to finish my sentence:

"Please, have mercy on my poor soul my majesty, Theron V, but I wouldn't have come if it wasn't an emergency."

The way I made sure to insist in her title made her mad but she shrugged it off easily.

"An emergency, I see. Leave us alone!"

Her powerful voice made all the occupants leave.

When the sound of the door closing made its way to our ears testifying everyone departure, her expression changed.The expressionless face of the Queen turned into one of fury. Her eyes held so much contempt that I was becoming confused.She suddenly stood up from her throne and was untying her high heels. I furrowed my brows not understanding her. But my thoughts were cut short when I had to dodge the flying object that was aimed at my head.

"What the h*ll Ritha!! It could have landed on my head."

I was now furious, like her. She really tried to kill me.

"That was the goal, you b*tch!!"

She replied back coming my way rapidly and I didn't have the time to blink that she was gripping my shirt with genuine hate.

"Please, calm yo-"

I tried to calm her down but it had the opposite effect.

"Calm down, you want me to calm down! You ghosted me for over twenty years and you want me to calm down!"

She cry-yelled on my shoulder. She was right it was all my fault.

"I'm sorry."

I simply answered. I had no right to justify myself.She finally released me from her grip and dried her tears.

"So what brought you here after all those years."

"Well, It was ab-"

She cut me off looking at me from head to toe and said:

"First you need to freshen up."