Chapter 13: Disappointed

Jayson POV

There she was; the one who was supposed to complete me, the one I was supposed to love: my other half. The one who was supposed to spend the rest of her life by my side.

My mate.

She was everything I wished for, waited for and longed for.

But, she was fatally the one I wanted to clear off from the face of the earth: she was the source of all the hatred I felt. I was supposed to eradicate her.

She was everything I despised, I hated and abhorred.

Her very existence brought chaos to my pack; destroyed my family and endangered our whole species.

She shouldn't exist, but she was meant to be mine.

Fighting this feeling was impossible; the bond is too strong and Volker already made his mind:

She is his and He is hers.

How could the Moon goddess be this cruel?!

Talking about the wolf, he tried to surface, growling in my head.

"Get her out of here!! You can't let our mate in this filthy cell!! SHE IS HURTING!!"

Like I am.

I blocked the link, not wanting to hear any of this b*llshit. I could already feel Volker's rage taking hold of my body. His rage became mine obviously. Right now, my wolf just wanted to kill the one who made my mate look like this but the only urge I had was to kill her myself.

She was born for me, my so awaited lover, but she was also born hunter, our sworn enemy.

Looking at her, I could see that she trained regularly even if she was in a poor state right now.

Chained, on her knees and her head facing the floor. Her long waist-lengthed messed up brown hair hid her beautiful face; I only saw her atypical amber eyes for a few seconds. A few seconds, that sealed my life.

She seemed quite tall for a human girl but still shorter than my baby girl.

But what struck me the most, were her injuries: her face and arms all bruised and the red tainting her clothes. It enraged Volker to the point that I almost lost control of myself again. He wanted to destroy everything that came to his way, before doing anything, I felt a hand placed upon my shoulder making me angrier.

"Jay! You're already here?"

Volker was completely enraged, he knew that it was him; it was him who made her look like this.

"You beat her?"

"I-"

"You beat her without my consent?"

It took all my willpower to say that in my most composed way.

"What were you expecting, knowing that she was the one who took Jess away from us?"

He snapped back. If he continues to snap back like this, disrespecting my mate and me, Volker will get rid of him. To be expected right, he was the one who beat to death, my mate.

"Anyway, what were you doing?"

I asked because I couldn't reach him for a long period of time since the hospital incident.

"Preparing her public execution."

"Really? With whose permission?"

Did he really plan to kill his Alpha's mate behind his back; quite foolish of him. Now Volker was trying to take control but I pushed him as far away as I could in my mind, the bond shouldn't affect any of my decisions. I shouldn't forget what she had done to my baby sister!

"Your-"

"Me"

A voice said behind us. Our former Alpha. I turned around to face him, already missing the view on my mate, even if it was dreadful.

"Dad! I thought that you didn't want to get involved in this."

"I don't want to but having her here is too uncomfortable for me. We need to get rid of her as soon as possible!"

Dad did you know that you not only wanted to get rid of a hunter but also my mate. Letting her die was impossible, Volker won't ever talk to me again and I'll become the weakest Alpha ever. It was better, having her rot in this cell than letting her die.

Volker won't appreciate what will happen next, but we have no other choice.

"There is something you don't know."

Both looked at me worried but my dad talked back:

"And what could that be?"

"There were silver scars on Jessi's body"

After those words left my mouth, they were now both fuming with anger and tried to control their wolf.

"Let me just fucking kill her!!!"

Logan was out but my growl was enough to make him back away.

"No death is too easy, she deserves worst!"

I said, every word breaking me.

"Let's put her through torture."

I added quietly after.

Theo didn't say anything but he was approving this idea but the expression on my dad's face was unreadable.

"Let's not change the initial plan."

He said plainly. That's why I admire him, he never let his feeling get in the way of his decisions; but he didn't know the situation right now. No one knew.

"She has to pay for her sins; it's too easy to get away with death."

I may hate her but she was still my mate so killing her will slowly kill me; but how could I tell him that: 'Your son is mated to the most ignominious creature that could exist'.  It will destroy him.

"Don't get as low as her; finish it with a simple execution."

She can't die but I don't care if she suffers, I know her death will affect Volker to the point that... I wouldn't even want to know.

"Jay is right! She has to pay!"

Thanks, Bro but I don't think it's for the same reason and it kind of irritates Volker.

"Don't get into this Theo!"

Dad, you shouldn't have said that. He's the mate of the one who went through tortures.

"You can no longer say that to me! She is my mate!!"

Theo growled, quite furious.

"Theo's right dad, can you just imagine your mate going through torture!"

I know it was low to get mom into this but it's the only way I have to convince him, only feelings could work on him. And a loud growl erupted from him and I knew that I won this round.

"See, even mentioning torture and mate in the same sentence got you so upset. See it from his perspective dad and she is your daughter too! Don't you feel upset?"

"Do whatever you want... You're not... the Alpha I wanted you to become."

It made him more upset so he sighed and got out of here.
It was the only way I had to punish and protect her without losing myself.
And it hurt so much to want something you never wanted and wanted at the same time so. In the end, you knew, you won't ever have it.

"Alpha, let me take care of this and just rest"

My beta said, well... Theo said. If he thought that I'll let him near my mate, he was so wrong. She won't last an hour with him.

"You don't have to, I already prepared something for her."

This little toy will be excellent for both my mate and the criminal in front of us.