Chapter 87: Explosion

Jayson POV

It wasn't even 7 in the morning and here I was scotched to the hospital bed.

I hissed in pain remembering the cold face my mate made when she had to leave me under Dina's supervision.

Her gold specks ready to jump out and mark her territory, but she left, letting her cold aura engulf the hospital.

To my pleasure, the nurse came in to take me to the VIP room, not leaving any room for Dina to intervene, less headaches, less relationship problems.

But right now, the sun was almost bright out, and I was face to face with that white ceiling with nothing but the odor of chemicals as company.

I prayed to all the gods so Theo would come here faster because staying here was torture.

My thoughts could run free and there was nothing to stop them, not even my broken limbs were enough of a distraction, they were healing fast while bandaged by professionals.

My gown was comfortable, exactly my size and the mattress could be adjusted to my needs.

All too cozy and warm for me to dive into that dark realm that was my mind.

All the wrong decisions I made were trying to break to the surface, they were all one by one watching me take the stand, to defend my lost cause.

The judgment was hard to take when I couldn't escape my own voice.

"Jay, my boy, what happened? Did you and Serah fight?"

"You are a few weeks late to ask me that?"

My mom entered the room, making her worries rampant behind the closed door. She was my mom, I was bound to forgive her but for now, at least an hour or two I'll act mad and disappointed.

Bypassing the bed, she went for the stool and she sat right on my left.

My gaze was fixed on the wall facing me and her fingers made their way towards my hand.

Her gentle touch was denied by my lack of response, she tried to shake my fingers but I wasn't going to respond.

"Jay, look at me."

Her plea was hard to ignore but even Volker was resentful enough to let me ignore her.

Her fingers moved up to force eye contact but I wasn't going to let her.

"Jay wouldn't you hear the whole story before deciding to not talk to me."

"What is there more to say that you came in between us knowing we were god damn mates. As if you didn't know what it'll do to us, to me. I might be the only alpha in history that could have traded his mate for whatever reason it could have been."

That was it, I snapped. All the build in rage was out through my irritated voice. My rib cage didn't waste a minute to animate my sayings, making sure to reopen my wound.

I kept it in, the surging throb; trying to forget its existence but it was of no use.

"Don't hurt yourself anymore, I'll call the doctor."

My mom was ready to run off but for what, for Dina to come here and for her to create another misunderstanding.

This situation was laughable, my torso opened and bleeding but only to agonize over the betrayal. My own mother, driving away the love of my life.

"It nearly hurts compared to your schemes, all my bones could break but only your f*cking secrets-"

I touched the side of my face that burnt, my palm tracing the probably red marks. She slapped me hard enough for my teeth to have slightly moved from their original place.

And she started rambling.

"Your language Jayson!! If only you listened before making hasty decisions based on your emotional state you wouldn't be here. It's not about Serah anymore, it's about the natural balance of our world.

Her birth was enough to make a shift in this era, so you could be my son but her safety comes first, moreover when she's your mate.

I don't want my son dead over a heartbreak.

Do you know how long a werewolf can survive without its mate when fully bonded? Four months average. Four freaking months, I'm not losing you just when our family is finally together.

So stop being mad at me!"

"If only it was that easy, I can't control what's going on inside."

I tapped over my heart showing the invisible ache going on inside, I crushed the gown under my fist but it couldn't represent a percentage of my torment. My eyes on the other side, were red matching the blood soaked bandage.

And I continued because I wasn't done complaining.

"You don't understand, I'm not even mad at you, I'm mad at myself for not being able to resent you more.

I'm mad at Serah for forgiving you so easily when she was ready to throw away our bond.

And you keep me in the dark when you have relevant information when I'm supposed to be the alpha.

You all make me feel useless and incompetent.

I feel like a fool."

My head fell into my hands and my build was embraced by the woman I'd be calling mother. My tears try to break through my dry eyes but I had enough willpower to control my unstable sorrow.

I got away allowing the light to caress my face and I dove into her arms. I hated her so much but again, she was the only one who would console me.

...

An hour passed and I was finally filled with the new updates.

An odorless rogue coming in and out of our pack freely, mostly giving information about our intimate relationship, taking a route that is known to us and burning the messages all in the same place.

That was the summary.

My dad came and retrieved my mom a moment ago. Her emotional distress called him to her right away.

I wished I asked all the right questions but there was still one thing I didn't understand.

Why didn't he kill her before? Why did she need to spend time with me before killing her?

I was searching through every angle but it didn't make sense, unless it was me they wanted to take down, there was no need to wait.

The door opened making me thank the Moon Goddess.

"Theo, I need you to investigate something?"

The guy looked lost and flabbergasted.

"Maybe hi? Or could you tell me what happened?"

There was no time to waste. The order fell and my mate's life was at stake.

Before I could rumble, my words lost themselves in the explosion.

My bed shook and Theo tumbled on the cold tiles.

My blood was ready to burst in my head and my heart dropped in my stomach and all I could think of was Serah.

...

Hi guys!!

I had a few holidays so I wasn't really consistent in my publishing. I'll try my best next time.

Sorry for the wait but the next chapter would be less confusing.

Thank you guys for following. It means a lot.