Chapter 72: Shut the f*ck up

Serah POV

I said goodbye to Kamil's family, Kesha didn't even come out though;
Goodbye to my new friend from the training grounds;
A crushing hug to Rosa and a light and less suffocating one to Asar;
And finally, the warmest of them all from our little Rem.

Anyway, most of Ice Moon made the effort to come to the border to bid their farewell, Kesa shyly waved me goodbye from her father's shoulder.
She was adorable.
I would have stayed longer but Kamil wanted to go two hours earlier. I wouldn't blame him, he was away from his lovely family long enough. So the bag on my back and here we go.

The journey, however, was nothing but pleasant.
Jay had decided to accompany us making me feel this tingling discomfort, my body appreciated the closeness and I hated it.
Because I didn't feel any more conflicted, I had to choose on whose back I was riding on. Kamil, I'd say without a second thought, but it wasn't an option for Volker nor Jay by the way.
Hence, throughout our cramped journey, anger, jealousy, anxiety were transmitted to me. The wifi worked well to well underground, some engineers should take some notes.

I didn't need to describe more but all the way from Ice Moon to Red Crescent, my hairs stood straight on my arm, on my nape and I rather not cite all the parts of a human body.

And here, after a good two hours, we managed to breathe the outside air.
My palm was still clutching the soft coat of his dark wolf, I balanced all my limbs on one side and slid swiftly to the ground.
At least, that was what I wished, I had three bags attached to me, as the only person not running at full speed, I was charged with this unpleasant tax and there was no way out, if not, I didn't want to imagine myself crawling through these narrow paths.

The two beasts walked away, hiding themselves behind threes.
If you asked, I did not try to look through the left bushes, almost leafless.
My body responded by instinct; bones cracked in the distance and it was in my genes to be alert to sound, my head snapped left and for unknown reasons, my senses decided it was the perfect time to develop themselves.
I could hear him stir the fabric for his sweatpants, his bare feet caressing the grass, my eyes saw everything that needed attention, mostly his defined muscles.

"Serah, Volker can see you."

His loud voice made all my brain cells freeze in horror. I was a certified dog.
Nothing on earth could save me from this one. But my silence would only validate whatever he was thinking and I wasn't okay with that.

"You're simply too loud."

I valued my pride and foremost when my opponent was an undeserving bastard.

"What about Kamil, I'm sure you haven't been ogling at him, and by the way, how long has it been since you haven't been blinking?"

I had no counter attack. It was a pure defeat.
Ignoring was the best answer, let the dog bark and act like he didn't exist.

The bag left on the floor reminded me of the day we packed with Jess. We were filled with mixed emotions, half thrilled to get her back to her family and half sad to part ways.
Fate had its ways to twist our founded belief.
Jess and I were for a lifetime. Our friendship and to my sad end, the thread that bound me to Red Crescent, Jayson.

"Shall we go or should I show you some real shit right here?"

His pleasantries were welcomed by my passive face. I was puzzled, my brain in pieces and heart long ago shattered, and he was here laughing carefree as if he could mend what had been broken.
Sorrow filled my eyes wishing it was easier.
Just two people meeting at the right time, no kidnapping stories or rogues, just us.
His frame shifted to the mood and it dawned on me that he could actually feel everything right.
Then I thought really loud, "you're a fucking asshole." And I prayed, it made it to his ears.

Kamil cleared his throat as if to dissipate the venomous air Jay and I exhaled.

"So my house is on the other side."

He declared but he wasn't finished.

"Serah, would you like to come with me? Briah would be delighted to see you."

My eyes smiled at the idea that his family always had a spot for me. Even if I felt guilty for intruding on their privacy, I was in no position to refuse. My relationship with Jay had strayed, as well with the pack mates.
Avoiding their curious eyes was a privilege I would hop on.
But the lord had his own story written down and not one that I approved.

"She's coming with me, the meeting involves both of us."

He turned away, not waiting for either of our responses. I looked at Kamil and I had a hunch it wasn't something I would agree on.

"Don't you think I would pose as your mate in front of other alphas, I'm going with Kamil."

His back flexed, reacting to my words. And I faced his torso.

"You are to be there as the sole heir of the lycan territory and also as Adar's ally. He needs us by his side, he's merely eighteen, many alpha will question his legitimacy and especially after his intro statement. I need you to back him up, we don't have to expose any of our situation."

He convinced me, I left Kamil behind and I was here following like an obedient puppy.
The air we breathed was filled with life, and the peaceful walk became the main attraction of many eyes.
The man before me didn't bat an eye, but I felt all these people judging eyes sipping through my skin until my spirit was tainted with nothing but contempt.
Shivers awakened senses I wished to discipline but I could see through each of their polite bows towards their alpha.
I was not welcomed.
Furthermore, their thoughts managed to glitch through my brain.
Hundreds of voices I couldn't discern, echoed in my skull.
A headache spread through my neck and I wanted to snap some of theirs to relax some of my nerves.
My fingers blended with my chocolate strands and clutched my scalp to soothe the unnerving pain.
Jay shot straight back feeling my distress through the bond, I eyed him to look forward and to not bother.
He reluctantly advanced through the sea of people, parting with his arrival, but I could no longer take it.
The murmurs only went louder.

'Shut the fuck up.'

I shouted through my head.

For a few seconds, I heard the void. I touched that elusive peace with the tip of my fingers.
Jay's neck snapped back towards me, eyes as big as the earth.
My wishful fantasy broke back into chaos, I couldn't decipher one comprehensive sentence.
My legs rushed to be away from all these people and the alpha himself seemed to have understood the situation and speeded inside.

He let me in his office and close loudly behind me, his eyes still blocked in the past, he asked;

"How did you do it?"

I was a smart person, but the lack of information made me unable to guess the answer.

"What do you mean?"

The blue brightened into a luminous glow, enchanting me into his spell; that I forced myself to break right away.

"Shut the fuck up. And I'm sure everyone around heard it."

And that was unexpected.

...

Thank you so much for keeping up!!
I cannot thank you enough.