Chapter 1: What you meant

Serah POV

"False or True, only these two outcomes are possible, at the end of a hypothesis. Both cannot exist alongside each other."

These were the first words of my lesson and I wasn't convinced.

"Wait sir, the only thing we can affirm is that we doubt. There is nothing that can be defined as true or false be-"

My professor didn't let me finish.

"You're giving the class or is it me?"

He had no right to cut in. At least he should build up his void argument and give me some real examples.

"You didn't even let me finish. Do we exist? This question cannot be answered by: 'yes it's true' or 'no it's false'. So there must be another outcome. Today scientist can prove that-"

Gosh I was going to kill him if he didn't let me finish another sentence.

"But that is not the purpose of this lesson!!"

Purpose or not, he should do his job correctly! If he was only going to read his copy with no deep reflection, this class would be meaningless.

"Then should I learn all the bullshit you're feeding us?!!"

I might have gone overboard. I didn't mean to swear, but my words flew on their own.

"Go and make your way to the principal office."

To be expected. He wouldn't want me here would he? By the way, he didn't look that mad.

"What!! Why??"

I tried to play the innocent kid who didn't know why she was sent away. His brows furrowed and threw me a despicable glare. Now he looked pissed.

"Out."

My poor approach couldn't work. I should develop.

"As a philosophy teacher, you are supposed to be open-minded!!"

My complaint made sense but the expression on his face told me that he didn't care.

"I said. Get out of here now!!"

This time he got really mad so I will get going. He didn't even reflect on my supposition till the end.

I took my bag from the floor and made my way to the principal office.
It wasn't that far so I was already in front of the door, thus I knocked before entering.

"Serah!! What's my honor student doing here?"

Mr. Roberson asked. He was quite fond of me, so I should get out of here without any problem.

"I kind of had an argument with Mr.Coroller and here I am"

"And why so? Take a sit by the way"

I sat in front of him and started explaining.

"We don't really share the same opinions."

"That's in fact... How should I put it...hmm A good thing."

I knew he would take my side but I was, now, confused.

"I don't understand what you mean?"

"It means that, as many people there are, as many opinions exist. So quarrel can happen; even between great philosophers."

"So-"

"My dear, I can stay here and talk to you for hours. It would be a pleasure, but I'm quite busy right now; maybe another time."