Chapter 6

"T͢h͢i͢s͢ s͢c͢a͢rs͢ a͢re͢ f͢ro͢m͢ t͢h͢e͢ m͢a͢i͢d͢s͢ w͢h͢e͢n͢ t͢h͢e͢y͢ t͢h͢re͢w͢ a͢ g͢l͢a͢s͢s͢ o͢f͢ v͢a͢s͢e͢ a͢t͢ m͢e͢ a͢n͢d͢ A͢rj͢e͢n͢ w͢h͢e͢n͢ w͢e͢ w͢e͢re͢ t͢h͢re͢e͢-y͢e͢a͢rs͢-o͢l͢d͢. N͢o͢b͢o͢d͢y͢ l͢o͢o͢k͢ a͢f͢t͢e͢r u͢s͢ s͢o͢ w͢e͢ re͢l͢i͢e͢d͢ s͢o͢l͢e͢l͢y͢ o͢n͢ o͢u͢r R͢o͢y͢a͢l͢ h͢e͢a͢l͢i͢n͢g͢ p͢o͢w͢e͢rs͢."

"W͢e͢ w͢e͢re͢ a͢b͢l͢e͢ t͢o͢ q͢u͢i͢c͢k͢l͢y͢ h͢e͢a͢l͢ s͢m͢a͢l͢l͢ i͢n͢j͢u͢ri͢e͢s͢ n͢o͢w͢, b͢u͢t͢ b͢e͢f͢o͢re͢ o͢u͢r h͢e͢a͢l͢i͢n͢g͢ p͢o͢w͢e͢rs͢ w͢e͢re͢ w͢e͢a͢k͢. A͢rj͢e͢n͢ o͢n͢c͢e͢ h͢a͢d͢ a͢ f͢e͢v͢e͢r f͢ro͢m͢ t͢h͢e͢ i͢n͢j͢u͢ry͢ a͢n͢d͢ s͢u͢f͢f͢e͢re͢d͢ f͢o͢r s͢e͢v͢e͢ra͢l͢ d͢a͢y͢s͢."

"Acting like he doesn't know about our suffering..." Arien thought and glaring at the Emperor. "He even dares to ask.. "what happened there?"' Arien thought.

"I feel nauseous... And dizzy again." Arien think before look down. "I need to protect Arjen and Alice. If I somehow ruin the Emperor's mood..." Arien thought.

Arjen and Alice notice about her look at the Emperor. Alice quickly take her hand to calm her down.

"Arien, we are okay." Arjen said in telepathy.

"Yeah, Big Sister." Alice said too in telepathy. Arien turn at them.

"Calm down." Alice and Arjen said in telepathy.

"Arjen.. Ali.." Arien said in telepathy.

Suddenly the Emperor harshly put down his cup of coffee making a sound. "Did Rurahel do that?" The Emperor suddenly asked making they flinched. Alice look at his eyes.

"I͢'m͢ s͢c͢a͢re͢d͢. T͢h͢e͢ s͢a͢m͢e͢ g͢re͢e͢n͢ e͢y͢e͢s͢ a͢s͢ l͢a͢s͢t͢ n͢i͢g͢h͢t͢."

"A͢n͢ i͢n͢t͢i͢m͢i͢d͢a͢t͢i͢n͢g͢ a͢u͢ra͢ s͢u͢rro͢u͢n͢d͢s͢ h͢i͢s͢ b͢o͢d͢y͢. W͢h͢y͢ d͢i͢d͢ h͢e͢ b͢ra͢g͢ u͢s͢ h͢e͢re͢... J͢u͢s͢t͢ t͢o͢ t͢re͢a͢t͢ u͢s͢ l͢i͢k͢e͢ t͢h͢i͢s͢?"

"T-this injury was accident.." Arjen said hiding his sleeves. Alice nodded at him and hide her sleeves. "Y-yeah." Alice said slowly.

Arien grab Alice hand and look at the Emperor. "Don't look." Arien said to him. Arjen and Alice look at her in shock. All the servants at there look at her in shock along with the Emperor.

"These injuries... I don't want anyone to see them." Arien thought. "It feels like they'll see the hidden pain in our hearts, when they look at our scarred body." Arien thought.

"Especially you. I don't want you to see it." Arien thought, glaring at the Emperor.

"You brought us into this world, and neglected us in that hellhole. Someone like you-"

"Doesn't have the right to see our scars!"

"Don't ask us about something like that!!" Arien yelling through the big room. The whole room silent and only heard Arien panting.

Arjen and Alice look at her in wide eyes while everyone at there also look at her in shock.

"A-Ali, A-Arjen, how much did we-" Arien asked terrifying and shaking. Her eyes start getting teary. Arien suddenly stagger making Alice and Arjen look at her in shock.

"Arien!" "Big Sister!"

The Emperor stayed silent and just look at them.

"Illegitimate children can only be an Emperor's weakness." The Emperor thought.

"Because my blood runs through them." "And they're my children."

"For those reasons, Rurahel and these children couldn't live in the palace. They would obviously become a great source of weakness to me." The Emperor thought.

"Rurahel. A woman's who was filled with greed that couldn't be hidden."  The Emperor thought.

"She didn't plan on keeping her illegitimate children alive, because of her 'secret'." The Emperor thought.

"But-"

"I couldn't bring myself to bring myself to kill them. They were Royal babies with my golden hair. So light and small..."

"Their name will be Arjen, Arien and Alice." The Emperor said looking at the babies crib.

"If I couldn't kill them, it'll be best to hide their existence forever. And because of the certain 'contract', Rurahel brought the children to an old castle and never come out of it."

"Five years later, I got a report saying that Rurahel died in vain."

"And that's how I meet those three children when they just turned five-years-old."

"They were so small that it seemed like they would break if I held them incorrectly. I couldn't help and question myself."

"Did I..."

Arien was pass out in the Emperor arms. Arjen and Alice look at her in worried. The Emperor look at them in guilty eyes.

"Did I..."

"Do the right thing?"

Arien slowly open her eyes and saw a ceiling. She proceeded what happened and stare for a moment. Alice and Arjen sleep beside her. Arien sit up and look over the two.

"This is the bedroom from before.. Arjen and Ali at here too." Arien thought then she sighed. "I barely escaped from the Emperor..." She thought.

"Don't ask us... About something like that!!"

"What have I done...?" Arien think and kinda regret for shouting at the Emperor. She turn at her twins and poke them awake.

"Arjen.. Ali.." Arien said. Arjen and Alice slowly awake because of her poke. "Hmm.. Arien.. You're awake?" Arjen said slowly. "Big Sister..." Alice said slowly like Arjen.

"We're not dead right? Are they waiting to kill me when I wake up?" Arien said slowly. Her eyes started getting teary and trembling. Arjen and Alice look at her sweat drop.

"It's alright, Big Sister." Alice said sit up. "Yeah. The Emperor just sent us back." Arjen said sit up too, turning at Arien. "What?!" Arien asked in shocked.

"No way..." Arien said look down. Arjen and Alice glance at each other before glaring at her. "Arien." Arjen called out her name. "Huh?" Arien asked when she heard her name.

"What were you thinking..." Arjen said glaring at her. "Doing something like that in front of the Emperor.." Alice said glaring at her. Arien sweat drop at them.

"Arjen and Ali is mad...!"

Suddenly Arjen and Alice jump at her and hug her making she shock. "But- ah!" Arien squealed at them.

"... We will forgive you because you're safe for now, Big Sister." Alice said hugging her closer.

"But don't ever do that again. You make us worried." Arjen said hugging them. "Okay..." Arien said slowly.

"Arjen, Ali. I can't breath..."

"...."

"You two are not mad anymore, right? Right? Are you sleeping?"

"...."

"WAKE UP!!"

After pulling them off, Alice was hugging Arien closer and continued sleep like Arjen. Arien didn't fall asleep yet but she daze off, looking at the ceiling.

"To defy the Emperor of Yuriana, right in front of his eyes and yet still be alive... It wouldn't be weird to be executed right now." Arien thought.

Arien suddenly remember when the Emperor hold her body when she was pass out. She stare for a moment.

"Weird..."