Chapter 57

"It can't be...!!" Rurahel thought glaring at Arjen, Arien and Alice.

A scar on Alice's face suddenly glow and healed it. Rurahel look at her in wide eyes.

"After gave a birth to you guys, she lost her Heibi powers." The Emperor said.

"My healing power...!!" Rurahel thought. "... Because she combined her blood with Royal blood, the complete opposite of hers." The Emperor said.

"S͢o͢ t͢h͢a͢t͢'s͢ w͢h͢a͢t͢ s͢h͢e͢ m͢e͢a͢n͢t͢ b͢y͢ t͢h͢a͢t͢... S͢h͢e͢ l͢o͢s͢t͢ h͢e͢r p͢o͢w͢e͢rs͢ b͢e͢c͢a͢u͢s͢e͢ o͢f͢ u͢s͢?!"

"I think the reason why she refused to keep in contact with because of that. She thought that if I found out about her lost powers, I would kill her." The Emperor said.

"... What a pathetic person. She feared death that much... But in the end, she died drunk and in vain..." Alice thought.

"A fact that isn't known by the public is that... Kids of mixed blood usually cannot survive past 5 years old." The Emperor said. Arjen, Arien and Alice look at him in shock.

"That's why when Rurahel stopped contacting me, I thought..." The Emperor said clenching his fist.

"T͢h͢e͢ S͢e͢c͢o͢n͢d͢ P͢ri͢n͢c͢e͢ s͢a͢i͢d͢ t͢h͢e͢ s͢a͢m͢e͢ t͢h͢i͢n͢g͢ b͢e͢f͢o͢re͢..."

"That's why... I didn't go looking up for you." The Emperor said.

"I... Wasn't strong enough to see your graves." The Emperor said.

"If you kill me, you will die. Along with the children." Rurahel said to the Emperor.

"How do you like that? Do you still intend to kill you? Hahaha!!" Rurahel laughed proudly with eyes glowing.

"Those eyes... They're just like how they're described in the text about Heibi." The Emperor thought. "... What do you want?" The Emperor asked.

"The Empress's seat...!" Rurahel said. "I refuse." The Emperor said. "What... Even if your life is in the palm of my hand?!" Rurahel said. "I will not allow it." The Emperor said.

"My spouse's place only belongs to only one person. Even if it means giving up my life, I refused to yield." The Emperor said.

"W-What..." Rurahel said. "If you have anything else you want then I'll give it up to you." The Emperor said.

"Alright then. I don't need to be the Empress! But the children in my stomach belong only to me!" Rurahel said.

"So you must agree to any request regarding these children!" Rurahel said. "Alright." The Emperor sighed at her.

"Also... Give me Delornina Castle! Make it like so nobody can enter, including you, Your Majesty!" Rurahel said. "I'll agree to it." The Emperor said.

".... Aren't you scared? You might never be able to see the children ever again?" Rurahel said. "If you're done talking, then get going." The Emperor said turn around.

"The children are mine alone! Don't come looking for them later!" Rurahel yelled at him.

"You'll come to regret this!!" Rurahel said. The Emperor ignored her and frown in anger. "I'd never regret it. To begin with, those children were made without my consent. And they're bound to die since those children are of mixed-blood." The Emperor thought.

"... Is what I thought but,..." The Emperor thought. A baby Alice was holding by the Emperor and look at her softly.

"It didn't turn out that way." The Emperor though staring at the baby Alice in his hands.