Chapter 94

"Do you have any request?" Edward said. "Yeah." Arjen said at him.

"Arjen?" Arien said in confusion. Alice knows his request make she look away from them. "Let me talk first. I want to save the ones are being used." Arjen said.

"Those people... What do they have to do with the boundary that we got stuck in? Winston said that the strategy is made from the blood, sweat and tears of Forest's residents." Arjen said.

"... That's right." Edward said. "Tell me more clearly about this." Arjen said to him.

"Me and Alice have been pulled that barrier, can you save them?" Arjen asked him.

"... Yeah. As you already know, the Forest Empire is renowned for their rich soil all around the world." Edward said looking down at his hand.

"People says that's the power of souls, but actually it's not. One of the nobles of Forest Empire." Edward anxiously said.

"Perhaps..." Arien suddenly remembers when Sidwell threaten the servant of Winston.

"'The abandoned land'... It's called that since it has no name." Edward said.

"The soil is rotten, the smell is terrible, polluted water, one will get sick by consuming. The life is exchanged for the rich lands of the Forest." Edward said.

Everyone look at him shock when he said that. "... Yeah, and you did nothing." Sidwell said. "... Yes, like Sidwell already knew." Edward said.

"Is that why you usually come to the Forest Empire?" Loyd asked him. "Yes. At first, it all started out of boredom, so I went to see how Edward was doing." Sidwell said.

"Sidwell..." Edward said touched when he said that. "But somewhere, I can feel the strange energy of the barrier." Sidwell said ignore him.

"The barrier covering 'The abandoned land'... The people in there cannot see since they're hypnotized." Sidwell said.

"The barrier covers the whole 'abandoned land' too. It's like a jail keeping the residents from the outside world." Sidwell said.

"The barrier that my brother uses... It used the lives of resident kept in there. The life there... Is like non-living things." Edward said.

"How cruel...!!" Arien said in surprise when he said that. "How can that be acceptable?" Arjen asked him. "... Unforgivable." Edward said.

"If this known, the Forest Empire will get the criticism of the whole mainland. It might be an excuse for rebellion or war in the future. The Imperial family of Forest Empire has been hiding this truth for many generations." Edward said.

"I just accidentally knew about this when I traveled to do research on different races. If it hadn't been for the special magic tool, I couldn't have been found out about the barrier." Edward said remember when the first time he's know about it.

"After knowing about the poor lives of the people in there, I told my father and brother that I had to save them, but they didn't listen to me..." Edward said.

"Some nobles who have faintly recognized that, have put their own safety above all." Edward said when the nobles keep looking down at his despite his illegitimate born.

"No one ever stands by my side... No one tries to save the 'abandoned land'." Edward sadly said.

"Therefore, I've decided. To become the Emperor and save the residents of that land." Edward said to them.

"Prince Edward..." Arien slowly said. "That's why you were so desperate back then..." Arjen said while Alice smiled at him. "... That's a great decision." The Emperor said.