Chapter 53

"Argh!! Ahh!!"

Alice quickly look away and hide her face at the Emperor's clothes. The Emperor put his hand at her head.

When they didn't heard any scream, they look at Duke Roses who was laying down at there. "You'll live the rest of your life as a disable person." Riolu said.

"Is that magic that ruins someone's mental state...?" The Emperor asked. Arjen, Arien and Alice staring at Duke Rosea.

Suddenly, Riolu started to cough repeatedly. The triplets look at him in shock.

"R͢i͢o͢l͢u͢...?"

"W-wait, put us down...!" Alice said at the Emperor. The Emperor put the triplets down and they quickly run at Riolu.

"Riolu, are you alright?! What's wrong?!" Alice said worriedly at him. Arjen and Arien also look at him in worried.

"It's the boomerang effect from of the bloodthirst magic." The Emperor said.

"If it's crappy goods from an organization and especially if it's a grimoire. Cursing another person will cause pain to the caster as well." The Emperor said.

Riolu started to breath heavily. Alice look at Riolu when the Emperor explained it. "Then how..." Arien said glancing at Alice. Arjen also glance at Alice.

"... Loyd." The Emperor calls his name.

"Yes, Father." Loyd said reveals himself and Killua. "Wah! Wait!" The triplets said in shock when they saw them at there.

"S-since when...?" The three asked him slowly. "I-I didn't mean to surprise you. I didn't give you a heart attack right?" Loyd said.

Answer: ever since he found out about what Duke Rosea said, he chased after them and stayed nearby.

"... Bring that man and Duke Rosea back to the Imperial Palace. As soon as you arrive, bring a doctor for them." The Emperor command him. "Understood." Loyd said.

"You, with the scar on your face. Tell me your name." Loyd said.

"It is Riolu." Riolu said. "How dare you to Eiji..." Killua said in rage.

"Yes, Riolu. For your crime of injuring my brother, the Third Prince... Prepare yourself." Loyd said to him.

"The Third Prince...?" The triplets thought in confusion. "I'll accept whatever punishment is suited for me." Riolu said.

"But before that, I have the favor to ask of the Emperor." Riolu said. "Say it." The Emperor said.

"... Please, don't exterminate the entire Rosea ducal estate." Riolu said bowing down at him.

Everyone look at him in question. While the Emperor hummed at him. "Is it that Young Rosea?" The Emperor asked.

"Understood, I promise you. They have to receive harsh punishment but..." The Emperor said.

"Since you sacrificed your body to protect my children, I'll lessen it." The Emperor said. Arjen, Arien and Alice stare at him.

"I am grateful for your magnanimous heart." Riolu said.

"R͢i͢o͢l͢u͢... H͢e͢'s͢ p͢l͢e͢a͢s͢e͢d͢ w͢i͢t͢h͢ t͢h͢a͢t͢?"

"Your Imperial Highnesses." Riolu call the triplets. "Y-Yeah?" The three asked.

"To the three of you... I apologize." Riolu said.

"For putting you three in danger. And... For not liking you..." Riolu said.

"I was jealous of the abundance of happiness you have. But..." Riolu said.

"And... We'll definitely have a happy life." Riolu remember when Alice said that.

"I realized that I was the one who had such prejudice. For believing that 'illegitimate children must be unhappy'." Riolu said.

"Since being unhappy was my norm... I never thought of becoming happy." Riolu said.

"Aren't I funny? I was more close-minded than the three of you even though you are much younger than me..." Riolu said. The triplets was staring at him.

"It's obvious. You're still young. You didn't have good adults around you." Arjen said to him.

Everyone stayed silence and look at him. Alice who was the youngest one, look at him in disbelief then turn at Riolu. "Riolu." Alice said put her hand at his hand.

"We still hope that you'll be happy. Please?" Alice said smiling softly at him along with Arjen and Arien. Riolu stare at them before lowers his head.

"You three really aren't like children at all..." Riolu said slowly.

"L͢a͢t͢e͢r, D͢u͢k͢e͢ R͢o͢s͢e͢a͢ w͢a͢s͢ t͢a͢k͢e͢n͢ b͢y͢ t͢h͢e͢ C͢ro͢w͢n͢ P͢ri͢n͢c͢e͢."

"T͢h͢e͢ G͢re͢e͢n͢ h͢a͢i͢re͢d͢ m͢a͢n͢ w͢e͢ s͢a͢w͢, b͢e͢c͢o͢m͢e͢ a͢ h͢a͢w͢k͢ a͢n͢d͢ t͢o͢o͢k͢ t͢h͢e͢ t͢h͢re͢e͢ p͢e͢o͢p͢l͢e͢ a͢w͢a͢y͢."

"Let's meet again~ see ya~" Killua said in his animal form. The triplets staring at him in shock.

"A͢n͢d͢-"

Arjen, Arien and Alice staring at the sunset with the Emperor behind them.

"Arjen, Ali... We're safe now, right?" Arien asked in telepathy.

"Yeah, probably." Arjen said in telepathy.

"Yeah..." Alice said slowly in telepathy.

"Where should we go now?" Arien asked in telepathy. Arjen and Alice just stayed silence.

"Arjen, Arien, Alice." The Emperor call their name make they flinched.

"... Now, where did you want to go?" The Emperor asked them. Arien and Arjen turn at him while Alice just glance at him.

Arjen and Arien stare at him before look down. "I thought he read our minds." Arien thought. Alice look down at her feet.

"B͢u͢t͢ w͢e͢ c͢a͢n͢'t͢ f͢i͢g͢u͢re͢ o͢u͢t͢... W͢h͢e͢re͢ w͢e͢ b͢e͢l͢o͢n͢g͢ i͢n͢ t͢h͢i͢s͢ w͢o͢rl͢d͢."

"T͢h͢e͢ o͢n͢e͢ t͢h͢a͢t͢ g͢a͢v͢e͢ b͢i͢rt͢h͢ t͢o͢ u͢s͢ d͢i͢d͢n͢'t͢ w͢a͢n͢t͢ u͢s͢-"

"I'll take anywhere you want." The Emperor said.

"If it's painful being my side, if you want to be somewhere else, it's fine." The Emperor said.

"So, you can live anywhere you want- I'll help you." The Emperor said.

"You are my children." The Emperor said. A winds come at them make Arien and Alice's hair flying. Alice's hair reveals her green and red eyes.

Arjen, Arien and Alice staring at the Emperor with soft eyes.

"T͢h͢e͢ E͢m͢p͢e͢ro͢r i͢s͢ w͢e͢i͢rd͢. W͢e͢ c͢a͢n͢'t͢ f͢i͢g͢u͢re͢ o͢u͢t͢... I͢f͢ h͢e͢ l͢i͢k͢e͢s͢ u͢s͢ o͢r n͢o͢t͢."

"H͢e͢ e͢v͢e͢n͢ a͢b͢a͢n͢d͢o͢n͢e͢d͢ a͢n͢d͢ c͢o͢n͢f͢i͢n͢e͢d͢ u͢s͢. H͢e͢'s͢ s͢o͢m͢e͢o͢n͢e͢ w͢h͢o͢ s͢h͢o͢u͢l͢d͢n͢'t͢ b͢e͢ f͢o͢rg͢i͢v͢e͢n͢... B͢u͢t͢..."

A tears falling down to the grass. Arjen, Arien and Alice look at the Emperor with teary eyes. The Emperor look at them with wide eyes.

"W͢h͢y͢ a͢re͢ y͢o͢u͢r w͢o͢rd͢s͢... S͢o͢ w͢a͢rm͢?"

The Emperor walking towards them and quickly pull them in hug.