Chapter 24

Arien, Arjen and Alice walked back to the Emperor's bedroom. "Huh?" Arien said when she feel soft on her feet.

"There's a soft carpet?" Alice said. "Woah, my feet are sinking into the carpet." Arjen said. They walked to the carpet softly.

"As His Majesty The Emperor ordered, we have placed the carpet for Your Highnesses' safety." Ishina said to them.

"A͢h͢.. W͢a͢s͢ i͢t͢ t͢h͢e͢ C͢ro͢w͢n͢ P͢ri͢n͢c͢e͢.."

In the night, the triplets already get ready for sleep like always.

"Big Sister, Big Brother." Alice call out their name in telepathy.

"Yeah, Ali?" Arien said in telepathy while Arjen hummed at her.

"Is The Emperor truly worried about us?" Alice asked in telepathy.

"Don't know..." Arjen and Arien said in telepathy.

The three glance at The Emperor who still up and read some book.

"When will the Emperor sleep?" Alice asked again in telepathy.

"I don't know..." Arien said in telepathy.

The Emperor feel their look on him. He turn at them in question but the three turn back, act like they were asleep.

"We really don't know, Ali..." Arjen said in telepathy.

"Yeah...." Arien said in telepathy.

Next morning.

"Huh? A walk?" Arien asked. The three was get ready like always.

"Weren't we told that we cannot leave without permission...?" Alice asked the servants. "His Majesty has given his permission." Sara said to her.

"He allowed Your Highnesses to freely take a walk in the garden for three to four hours every day, and that only four servants are to escort you from a distance during your walk." Haejin said to them.

"W͢e͢ h͢a͢t͢e͢ p͢l͢a͢c͢e͢s͢ w͢i͢t͢h͢ m͢a͢n͢y͢ p͢e͢o͢p͢l͢e͢."

"It is because we said that...?" The three thought.

"C͢o͢n͢f͢u͢s͢i͢n͢g͢..."

"I͢t͢ s͢e͢e͢m͢s͢ t͢h͢e͢ E͢m͢p͢e͢ro͢r i͢s͢ t͢ru͢l͢y͢ b͢e͢i͢n͢g͢ c͢o͢n͢s͢i͢d͢e͢ra͢t͢e͢ o͢f͢ u͢s͢. H͢e͢ i͢s͢n͢'t͢ v͢i͢s͢i͢b͢l͢y͢ s͢h͢o͢w͢i͢n͢g͢ i͢t͢ b͢u͢t͢ I͢'m͢ s͢u͢re͢."

"But that doesn't mean we've forgiven them." Arjen said emotionless. "Yeah..." Alice said emotionless. "Of course." Arien said emotionless too.

"S͢o͢ i͢t͢'s͢ e͢v͢e͢n͢ m͢o͢re͢ c͢o͢n͢f͢u͢s͢i͢n͢g͢. J͢u͢s͢t͢ w͢h͢a͢t͢ i͢s͢ t͢h͢e͢ E͢m͢p͢e͢ro͢r t͢h͢i͢n͢k͢?"

Suddenly someone step in front of Arien make she fell backward in shock. Alice and Arjen quickly look at her. "Ah.." That person said.

"Oh no. Excuse me." He said holding his hand at Arien. Before Alice can help her, she was help from that person. "Argh, so embarrassing!" Arien thought. She put her hand at him.

"Are you alright, Imperial Highness?" That person said and smiling at her. He help Arien stand gently.

"Who?" Arjen asked in telepathy.

"I don't know..." Alice said in telepathy.

"Please be careful.." He said again to her.

"I͢s͢ t͢h͢a͢t͢ m͢a͢y͢b͢e͢.. H͢i͢s͢ f͢a͢m͢i͢l͢y͢'s͢ c͢re͢s͢t͢? L͢o͢o͢k͢e͢d͢ l͢i͢k͢e͢ t͢w͢o͢ s͢n͢a͢k͢e͢s͢ c͢l͢i͢m͢b͢i͢n͢g͢ o͢n͢ a͢ t͢re͢e͢..."

"I am the head of the Rosea Ducal Family. This is my son." He said and kneel in front of them.

"Greetings to Your Imperial Highnesses, The Prince and The Princesses." His son said and kneel in front them. The three stare at each other.

"Your Highnesses, are you alright?" Ishina asked them. The three glance at her. "Ah.. We're fine." Arien said to her.

"Duke Rosea, you're being very rude." Ishina said to him. "Excuse my behavior, Head Maid. I was not paying attention." Duke Rosea said.

"It seems like you're in charge the three of our Highnesses." Duke Rosea said to her.

"For the Head Maid to be in charge of the Imperial Family again, it seems that the Emperor is wholeheartedly taking care of your Highnesses." Duke Rosea said smiling at them.

"Wholeheartedly..." Alice said slowly. "Taking care of us..?" Arien asked. "The Emperor...?" Arjen asked.

"Yes. There's rumors that The Emperor's treasures three of you dearly. It's to be expected, since three of you are very lovely." Duke Rosea said to them.

"I͢'v͢e͢ n͢e͢v͢e͢r m͢e͢t͢.. A͢ n͢o͢b͢l͢e͢ t͢h͢i͢s͢ c͢o͢u͢rt͢e͢o͢u͢s͢ t͢o͢ u͢s͢."

"If the opportunity arises, I hope that you can be friends with my son. Since he's about your age, you should get along well." Duke Rosea said show them his son. "Ah, yes." Alice said.

"I didn't realize it before, but Duke Rosea's son..." Arien thought looking at him and blushing. Arjen and Alice just glance at him.

"Look like Big Sister blushing at Duke Rosea's son." Alice said in telepathy.

"Why did she gawking at him?" Arjen asked in telepathy.

"Maybe she thought he really handsome." Alice said in telepathy.

Arien stare at his son in dazed. Arjen just glare at her while Alice just sweat drop at them.

"Duke, we were in the middle of our walk, so we'll be leaving." Arjen said. Arien snap out from her dazed. "Huh? Arjen?" Arien said.

"Oh no. It looks like I've taken some of your precious time. Please, enjoy your walk." Duke Rosea said. "Please be more careful next time, Duke." Ishina said to him.

They continued their walk back. "What's the matter, Arjen?" Arien asked. "Geez.." Arjen said. Alice just giggle at them.

Duke Rosea and his son just look at their back. He start to pull his glove and toss it somewhere.

"Filthy." He said darkly.

"What is it, Arjen~ what's the matter?" Arien asked him. "Of course, it's because you were gawking at that noble." Arjen said.

"Who?? Who was gawking??" Arien angrily asked. "You. You were. Look at Ali. She didn't even gawking at that noble." Arjen said.

"Ali, you didn't think that he was handsome?" Arien asked. "Not at all. Big Brother Arjen more handsome." Alice said. "See." Arjen proudly said. Arien just rolled her eyes at him while Alice giggle at him.

Without they knowing, someone was standing at the branch of the tree beside them. He open his palm to make a black magic.

"The Emperor's.. Illegitimate children.." He darkly said.

He throw that black magic at them. Arjen and Arien still fighting each other while Alice just look at them. She noticed something come at them make she look at it with wide eyes.

"Move!" Alice yelled and push them away to make she the one that'll take that attack. Arjen and Arien throw behind when Alice push them.

"Ali!!" Arjen and Arien yelled her name.

"Your Highness!!" The servants yelled at Alice.

The black magic come at Alice make she looked at it with wide eyes.