Chapter 50

"Riolu...?" Arien asked in shock. Arjen and Alice look at him in shock.

"Why are you here...?" Alice asked him. "... I'll untie the rope first." Riolu said untie a rope behind Alice.

After untie Arjen and Arien, Arjen glare at him and throw the rope somewhere else. "Are you here to make sure we're dead?" Arjen coldly said to him. Riolu look at him in shock.

"Are you working with the Duke? Speak!" Arjen said loudly at him. Riolu look down.

"I cannot answer that." Riolu said.

Arjen, Arien and Alice look at him in shock and anger. "You- as expected!" Arjen said but Riolu cut him off. "But..." Riolu said.

"I was sincerely hoping... That three of you would be safe." Riolu said staring at them softly.

"W͢h͢a͢t͢'s͢ w͢i͢t͢h͢ h͢i͢s͢ e͢x͢p͢re͢s͢s͢i͢o͢n͢...?"

"Ugh..." The three man started to awake. "God, my head." The first man said. "Uh... I feel.." The second one said. The triplets turn at them in shock.

"Aren't you the Duke's servant?" The third man said standing up slowly. "Why did you attack us?" The first man said.

"... Tenacious." Riolu said coldly at them.

"Did you betray us...?!" The second man said. "Let's just catch him and get some more money." The third man said.

"Stay back." Riolu said blocking the triplets. Arjen, Arien and Alice look at him in shock.

"Bloodthirst magic takes a heavy toll on one's body. I'm sure they can't use it multiple times at once." Riolu said.

"Run away while I'm distracting them. I'll catch up with you soon." Riolu said. "Don't be ridiculous! How can we trust you....?!" Arjen said at him.

"... If I don't save you, my father will be in danger." Riolu said.

"Can you... Believe that?" Riolu asked them. The triplets look at his back in shock.

At another place.

"Did you hear the Duke Rosea escaped from prison?" One of the nobles said.

"I heard, he wanted by the Crown Prince himself, right?" Another one said. "Imprisoned, escape, and now wanted... I didn't think this was going to be a big deal..." The nobles said. Count Clone just listened from beside them.

"Duke Rosea... Said that everything was going well... But don't you think he's going a bit crazy?" The same nobles asked.

"I didn't dare ask, but... Perhaps, they were empty words..." She said.

The nobles silence at her word until one of them break it. "No way! That can be... It's the Rosea family..." He nervously said.

"No... That might be correct. Considering how he reacted..." Count Clone though. "At that time..."

Flashback.

"You- you had conversations with the Duke without my knowledge, right? Tell me." Count Clone asked Riolu.

"Rest assured." Riolu said to him. "What?" Count Clone asked.

"Even if the Duke's plan fails... I'll protect you, Count." Riolu said.

"What? Why would you protect me?" Count Clone asked him in confusion.

"No, wait. Beside that... Did you just say failure?! Why? Is there something wrong?!" Count Clone said in panicked.

Riolu didn't said anything and just walked away. "Hey?!" Count Clone tried to stop him but Riolu didn't listen to him.

Flashback end.

"... I don't have a good feeling about this." Count Clone though.

"Riolu, that brat, I'm sure he knows something. But..." Count Clone though.

"I'll protect you, Count." Count Clone remember when Riolu said that to him.

"What... What the hell is that nonsense?" Count Clone though.

With the triplets.

"What do you mean 'father'.....? Is Count Clone involved?" Arien asked Riolu.

"Lord Rosea said, that if I save you three, then he promised to save my father." Riolu said.

"L͢o͢rd͢ R͢o͢s͢e͢a͢?!"

"Why would he...?" Arjen asked in rage. Alice and Arien just stare at him.

"You've been whispering for a while..." The second man asked them. "Are you planning to run away?" The third man asked. "You can't do that." The first man said. The triplets flinch at them.

"If you run away... We won't get money from the Duke!!" The third man said loudly and coming closer to Riolu. They was prepared to beat him.

Riolu immediately punch his face. "Eeek~!!!" The triplets though in shock and look at them. Riolu charge to punch their face.

Suddenly Riolu get punch at his stomach. "Argh!" Riolu said in pain. "Riolu!" Alice yelled his name.

"Hurry and beat him up before he recovers!!" The third man yelled. "Riolu!!" Alice yelled. "Stop it!!" Arien yelled. "You cowards!!" Arjen yelled.

"This is how the world works. Got it?" They asked and put his feet on Riolu's head. "Your..." Riolu weakly said to them.

"Do you have any complaints? Wanna get hit too?" The two man come closer to the triplets. Arjen, Arien and Alice look at them in shock. Alice quickly protected Arjen and Arien even she's shaking badly.

"Look forward to it." The first man said. "I'll hit you till you four are almost dead." The second man said cracking his hand.

"W͢e͢'re͢..."

"W͢h͢y͢ a͢re͢ w͢e͢ s͢o͢ w͢e͢a͢k͢...?!"

"W͢e͢ c͢a͢n͢'t͢ d͢o͢ a͢n͢y͢t͢h͢i͢n͢g͢... I͢n͢ t͢h͢i͢s͢ s͢i͢t͢u͢a͢t͢i͢o͢n͢...!"

"Now, shall we finish what we started?" The second man said coming closer to the triplets. "One finger at a time-" The second man said. Their hands come in front of the triplets.

Arien and Arjen hug Alice closer. Their eyes quickly shut in fear. A crack come at the wall at there stopping them.

"... Hey." The third man asked them while holding a beat Riolu in his hand. "Huh?" The second man asked stopping his hand to touch the triplets. "What is that? Did you hear a sound...?" The first man asked looking around. They can hear a crackle sound at there.

Suddenly a explosion come from the wall make everyone shock. "Wh-what..?!" The three man asked in shock.

Arjen, Arien and Alice close their eyes when a sunlight from outside come at their face.

"N-... No way..." The three man shaking in fear when he saw someone from outside. That person walking at there slowly.

"You rats... I can't believe you'd do this..." A familiar voice said coldly at them.

"T͢h͢i͢s͢ v͢o͢i͢c͢e͢... D͢o͢n͢'t͢ t͢e͢l͢l͢ m͢e͢...?!"

Arjen, Arien and Alice quickly open their eyes and look at him. The Emperor revealed himself in front of them make the triplets shock.

"E͢m͢p͢e͢ro͢r....!"

"Ah-ahhh...!" The two man in front of the triplets shaking in fear. "Why is the Emperor...?" The man in front of Riolu said also shaking in fear.

"I will not speak for long." The Emperor coldly said and let out his bloodlust.

"The price of messing with my children... I'll carve it into your bones." The Emperor said glaring at them.