Chapter 96

One night at the Imperial Palace.

"... Is this."

"'That' magic book?" The Emperor said holding a familiar book at his hands.

"Yes. It's the book... 'Tears of slayer'." Loyd said to him.

"Riolu wandered all over the continent just to find this book... He went back and forth and eventually came to the magic store at the Yuriana Empire." Loyd said. "I see. Then, that would make more sense..." The Emperor said.

"Other than 'that clan', no one can use this book." The Emperor said.

"What are you going to do now, Father? It's dangerous to keep this in the Imperial Palace." Loyd said. "We'll send this to the magic Academy." The Emperor said.

"The academy's secret chamber... The book can be kept safe there." The Emperor said.

"Okay. I'll do as you say." Loyd said make the Emperor nodded at him.

"Dad~!"

"We're heading to bed." Arien said holding a pillow. "Goodnight..." Arjen said yawning while dragged the pillow. "Let's go together, Dad!" Alice happily said holding a pillow. They're still 12 years old.

Loyd and the Emperor stare at them before softened their expression at their cuteness.

"I was about to go to bed now." The Emperor said to the triplets. "Good night, Arien, Arjen, Alice." Loyd said to them. "Goodnight, Brother Loyd." Alice and Arien said smiling at him while Arjen still yawning.

"Loyd, I'll leave the rest to you." The Emperor said looking at Loyd while holding Arien and Arjen's hand. "Yes." Loyd said and noticed the book letting his dangerous mana out.

"I've already put several borders around it... But I can still feel it..." Loyd thought. Outside the room, Alice suddenly feels the pressure make she stop and look at the door.

"... This feelings..." Alice thought. "Alice?" Arien, Arjen and The Emperor stop when they notice that she stop walking.

"What're you doing? Let's go to sleep, I'm sleepy..." Arjen said to her. Alice glare at the door before change her face and run beside Arien. "Sorry. Let's go now." Alice said smiling at them.

4 years later at the Imperial Palace.

"-That's all." A teenage girl slowly said to the Crystal globe in front of her.

"... Good job. You're doing great like always, Alice." The familiar voice said and revealed Alice in front of it.

"I know. The old folks always easy to trick anyway." Alice said to him. "That old guys look like having a connections between the barriers. That's why I told you to search about them. Don't let your guard down, Alice." Edward strictly said inside the globe.

"Geez, Edward. We've been together for almost 10 years and yet you still strict about everything to me." Alice said rolling her eyes at him.

"... Don't forget, Alice. Only I know about your true face." Edward said make Alice smirked at him. "Geez. Fine, Your Majesty." Alice mockingly said when the door suddenly getting knocked make they go silent.

"Ali? It's time! Dad already waiting for us!" Arien's voice heard from outside. Alice coughed a little and answer her.

"Okay, Sister! I almost finish!" Alice said using her usual voice. "Okay!" Arien said before walked away from her room. Once Alice heard that she walked away, she stand up.

"I need to get ready now. So, if you don't mind, Your Majesty-" Alice said holding the crystal globe. "Yes. I'll give you less mission than usual and-" Edward said.