Chapter 42

"Duke Rosea is... An accomplice?" Loyd asked in shock.

"I'm not entirely sure, but it's highly likely he is." Killua said nodding at him.

"Count Clone was frightened from our surveillance and was constantly holed up in his home. If he wasn't an accomplice, there wouldn't be any reason for him to visit Duke Rosea at night." Killua said.

"Publicly, Duke Rosea hosts a recital for his son's violin performance as an excuse, but... The cowardly Count Clone wouldn't have left his house for just that." Killua said.

"I can't figure out the Young Master's ulterior motives but, all the nobles that gathered there are suspicious." Killua said again.

"Marquis Dion, Marquis Pilson, Count Montblee and Countess Tenon... They're all families that are at odds with the Imperial Family." Eiji said.

"Especially after Arjen, Arien and Alice's arrival... They openly opposed and mocked illegitimate children." Eiji said frown in rage.

"No way... Is that why you bullied the Montblee children, Eiji?" Killua asked make him flinch.

"Eiji..." Loyd said give him a warning. "Ah.. Haha.." Eiji nervously laughing. "Let's not tell him about how he later caused a ruckus at Count Montblee's estate..." Killua though.

"I'm disappointed in you, Killua!" Eiji said pouting at him. "What did I do~?" Killua said also pouting at him. "But... The one who gathered them, Duke Rosea, favors the Imperial Family." Loyd though.

"Not only has there been a lack of any major movements throughout the years, but he's also a distant relative of the Empress." Loyd though.

"And yet... He was the one who gather all the nobles that are against the Imperial family.." Loyd though.

At Duke Rosea's estate.

"All right, everybody." Duke Rosea call all the nobles.

"It's time to prove to one another our trust." Duke Rosea said. Count Clone stare at him nervously.

"Sign this paper... To officially become an anti Imperialist." Duke Rosea said pointing a paper on the table.

"Damn it, I knew it...!" Count Clone though staring at the nobles who sign the paper.

"What do you mean trust? More like 'I will have evidence of your treasonous acts, so don't even dream of betraying me'." Count Clone though.

"I'm sure no fool here wouldn't sign after coming this far. It's like declaring you'll betray him. But..." Count Clone though.

"What if I put my name down... And Duke Rosea get caught?" Count Clone though.

"I was completely caught by that trashy third Prince. There's no way they can't caught Duke Rosea as well.. If that happens, I..." Count Clone wondered in his mind and biting his nail in frustration.

"It could really be the end of me!" Count Clone grit his teeth. "-ount. Count." Someone snap him from his though.

"Count Clone?" Count Clone snap from his though in shock and look up.

"-you won't sign?" Duke Rosea said slowly at him.

Count Clone stare at him in fear with the nobles stare at him.

"I... I'll do it! I will just thinking about something else!" Count Clone nervously said.

Riolu stare at Count Clone who sign the paper with tremble hand. "Ha..." Riolu sigh in frustration. 

The next morning.

"T͢w͢o͢ d͢a͢y͢s͢ t͢o͢ g͢o͢ b͢e͢f͢o͢re͢ l͢e͢a͢v͢i͢n͢g͢ f͢o͢r D͢e͢l͢o͢rn͢i͢n͢a͢ C͢a͢s͢t͢l͢e͢."

"The weather is nice~ right, Riolu?" Alice asked Riolu. The triplets and him was having picnic together at the garden. Alice and Arjen was read some book while Arien was looking around.

Riolu didn't answer her and stare down with blank face. "Riolu?" Arien asked his name. Arjen and Alice look at him in question.

"Riolu~ are you okay? You seem out of it today." Alice said. "Yeah." Arien and Arjen said. The three lean closer at him make he jolt in surprise.

"I-I'm sorry. I apologize for my discourtesy..." Riolu said nervously at them. "There's nothing to apologize for... Is something wrong?" Alice asked.

"No, there's nothing to worry about..." Riolu said. The triplets stare at him closely.

"If you feel uncomfortable, please tell me." Alice said. "Yeah. We can help you if you have a problem." Arien said. "I'll help as much as I can. Okay?" Arjen said. Riolu look at them with blushing face.

"... Why are you so nice to me?" Riolu mutters at them. "Huh? That's..." The three said.

"We- want to see Riolu's smile." Alice said smiling widely at him.

"What?!" Riolu asked in shocked. "I don't know that you're good saying those cringey remarks, Ali..." Arjen said. "As expected from our Ali." Arien said hugging Alice. "H-Hey. You were thinking about it too, Brother!" Alice said hugging Arien back and look at Arjen with red face.

"You... Can just think of it as our empathy for you. We see you as a friend in a similar situation as us." Alice said nervously at him with red face.

"A friend in a similar situation..." Riolu though staring at her. "Of course, I know it's rude to make my own assumptions! Even so..." Alice said.

"... As a child born out of wedlock in this Empire, there are more painful memories than happy ones." Alice said.

"They all say.. That illegitimate children are dirty, cursed, monster, and that they'd rather we all died." Alice said.

Riolu stare at somewhere else when he heard it. "But.. Rather than us, aren't they the dirty ones?" Arien said pulling the hug away and look at Alice. "Yeah. They're more dirty than us." Alice said smile sadly at her.

"We were simply born. And we have every right to be happy." Alice said.

"So- Brother Arjen, Sister Arien and I have made up our minds. Somehow, we'll survive in this Imperial Palace." Alice said looking at her twins.

"And when we are adults, we are going to travel together-" Arien said coming closer at Alice. Arjen also coming closer at her.

"And... We'll definitely have a happy life together." Alice said. Arjen and Alice quickly hug and nuzzle closer at Alice make she smiles widely.

"To think that they are vividly wishing to be happy this much..." Riolu though looking at them in shock.

"I can't think of them as five year olds anymore.." Riolu though. "So, Riolu. You should be happy too." Alice said.

"Riolu doesn't laugh at all." Arien said act like she angry at him. "I think you would be pretty if you smiled, Riolu." Alice said giggle at Arien. "Yeah." Arjen said. Riolu look at them in surprise.

"I͢f͢ w͢e͢ t͢h͢i͢n͢k͢ o͢f͢ t͢h͢a͢t͢ p͢l͢a͢c͢e͢ a͢s͢ s͢o͢m͢e͢w͢h͢e͢re͢ w͢h͢e͢re͢ e͢v͢e͢n͢ R͢i͢o͢l͢u͢ c͢a͢n͢ s͢m͢i͢l͢e͢, t͢h͢e͢n͢ w͢e͢'l͢l͢ b͢e͢ a͢b͢l͢e͢ t͢o͢ l͢i͢v͢e͢ e͢v͢e͢n͢ a͢t͢ D͢e͢l͢o͢rn͢i͢n͢a͢ C͢a͢s͢t͢l͢e͢, a͢ p͢l͢a͢c͢e͢ f͢i͢l͢l͢e͢d͢ w͢i͢t͢h͢ t͢ra͢u͢m͢a͢."

"T͢h͢a͢t͢'s͢ w͢h͢y͢ y͢o͢u͢'re͢ p͢re͢c͢i͢o͢u͢s͢ t͢o͢ u͢s͢."

"Is it weird to be nice to you because of that?" Alice said smiling widely with Arien. Arjen just blush at it.

"F͢o͢r t͢h͢e͢ f͢i͢rs͢t͢ t͢i͢m͢e͢... W͢e͢ w͢i͢s͢h͢ t͢o͢ m͢a͢k͢e͢ s͢o͢m͢e͢o͢n͢e͢ o͢t͢h͢e͢r t͢h͢a͢n͢ o͢u͢rs͢e͢l͢v͢e͢s͢ t͢o͢ b͢e͢ h͢a͢p͢p͢y͢..."

In the night.

"Duke Rosea, open the door!!" Someone yelled and knock the door harshly.

"What in the-" Duke Rosea said and open the door. He jolt in surprise when he saw Loyd with the knights in front of his house.

"Duke Rosea." Loyd said darkly at him.

"On the charge on conspiring treason- I need you to come with me."