Chapter 108

Long, long ago... No. Not too long ago, there was a small island... Where people with lavender color haired lived. The island's soil was barren, so they could never cultivated the land nor the breed livestock.

But the islanders never went hungry. In fact, they led prosperous lives. It was all because they had powerful, unique magic... That many people coveted. It wasn't long before.... People start to call the islanders... 'The mercenary clan that uses slaughter magic'.

Then one day, a man come to the island. His ship was filled with many men... And even more gold. He said to the islanders, "I'd like to hire everyone on this island. Are you interested in working for me?"

But this man was mainly involved with shady business. Such as kidnappings and selling children. The islanders turned down his offer. "Mercenaries follow a code. We don't want to be involved in your business."

"... What a shame." Those were the last words before he left. That night, the massive inferno engulfed the island. The sound of screams rang out several times but the island quickly fell silent.

And... Only two children managed to flee. And those children were...

At the Imperial Palace.

Sehera sit beside the bed while looking over Lisa that panting in pain. The two of them was getting recovered at Alex's infirmary. The triplets looked behind in concerned.

"I've done everything that I can. She's suffering from the side effects of a powerful grimoire, so her recovery will take some time. Make sure she take her medicine at the same time every day." Alex said to Sehera. The medicine is being prepared by Niwe.

"She's not waking up... Is she alright?" Arjen said in worried. "It'll take a few days for her to regain consciousness. But her symptoms aren't life threatening." Alex said to him.

Sehera looked down as he feel relief when Lisa got saved by him. "... Thank you." Sehera slowly said.

Arien looked at him before looked at Alex. "Thanks, Brother Alex..." Arien said while smiling softly. "Don't mention it. I simply did what you asked for me." Alex said smiling at them.

"If it weren't the three of you, I would never helped the culprits who terrorized my alma mater." Alex said while glaring at Sehera.

"... Sehera." Arien stepped in front towards him. Alice looked down on her bracelet before she silently walked away from the room. Louis noticed her and confused by it.

"Alice?"

Alice walked around the Alex's Palace while looking at her bracelet. The bracelet keep shining as she know that her mana is in chaos but she managed to hide it away before anyone can noticed it.

"Dang it." Alice mumbled as she take out something from her pocket. She stare at the white pills before swallowed it without water. Her body feel empty after that.

Alice sighed and stare down at the the pill bottles that only leave one more pill inside of it. Alice gripped it before put it back on her pocket. "I need to ask more from Edward soon... Even though, he will nag me again." Alice thought.

"Alice." Alice flinched when someone suddenly called for her name from behind. She turned and smiled at the sight of her oldest brother. "Brother Loyd. What can I help you?" Alice said to him.

"You leave this behind." Loyd said while holding something at her. Alice's eyes widened at the handicraft that really familiar for her. "Oh! Thank you! I thought that I lost it!" Alice happily said while grabbed it from him.

"It's really special handicraft for me because it's from someone really special." Alice thought while smiling brightly. Loyd stare at her in silence. "... Who is it?" Loyd slowly asked her make she confused.